9 • the gamekeeper's hut

THE BOTH OF them turned around to see who it was. The tall, burly figure of Hagrid the gamekeeper was seen standing by the door, towering over them. Han gulped nervously, and wished that whatever Ron was saying about Hagrid was true. "Chewie, who is this?" he asked in a gruff voice, limping towards them. He was simply massive, way too big for a normal person.

Chewie groaned something in reply. Hagrid shook his head. "Ar, I'll never understand what this 'airy thing is tryin' ter say," Hagrid grumbled in a low voice. Han cleared his throat and said, "What Chewie said, sir, is that my name's Han Solo and I'm the best pilot in the galaxy," Chewie shot Han an indignant look.

"Han Solo? I've never 'eard of a Han Solo in my life," Hagrid said, shuffling across the room to take a seat in the table. It creaked loudly under his weight. "I'm Rubeus Hagrid, jus' call me Hagrid, and I'm gamekeeper of Hogwarts,"

"I've heard of you, fella." Han said, waving him away. "It's only my second day here but I've made friends with two redheads, this big deal named Harry Potter, and another girl. They seem very nice, you know."

"Ah, that'd be Ginny, Ron, Harry and Hermione," Hagrid beamed proudly. "Yes, yes, very nice kids. I've heard of you, too. Dumbledore told all of us professors about you."

"See? Told ya, big man," Han slapped Chewie playfully in the stomach. Chewie moaned in protest. "Anyway, I came here because I need my co-pilot back."

"Co-pilot? But Chewie here's workin' fer me!" Hagrid said indignantly. Chewie nodded. Han rolled his eyes at the Wookie. "I'm really sorry, mate, but I need my man back. These children--- Ginny and the rest--- they helped me with this Invisibility Cloak business and you can't possibly ignore all of their efforts. And besides, you don't even know what Chewie's trying to say." Han said, almost pleading. "I've known him for as long as I can remember and..."

He stopped in mid-sentence, staring at Hagrid. "And what?" he asked, narrowing his eyes. Han shook his head, unable to find an answer. "I'm still not letting you have him, you know. Better try workin' fer me instead so at least I'll understand more about you, man." Han cursed under his breath, then sighed.

"I guess I don't really have any choice, do I?" Han shrugged his shoulders. "Okay then, I'll work for you. What does your work involve? Any repairs or machinery included?"

~*~

"I'VE TOLD MY sister Rosie all about you," Hermione gushed, as they were walking down the hallways of Hogwarts. "She's really thrilled to see you. That's why we're going to the Ravenclaw tower to see her!"

Hermione and Ron were leading Luke and Leia to Ravenclaw tower after Care of Magical Creatures class. Harry went to meet Angelina Johnson, the Gryffindor Quidditch team captain, while Ginny went off with some of her other friends.

"That's great!" Leia chirped happily, much to Luke moaning and face palming himself. Hermione beamed at them. "What does she do, Hermione? Does she like books, too?"

"Oh, she's really brainy, smarter than Hermione doubled," Ron replied, as they took a turn and started going up a staircase. "She's too absorbed with books and studies that sometimes we don't really get to talk to her. You get the big picture, eh?"

"I can tell she's a real nerd," Luke snorted. Hermione frowned, but Ron laughed along. They heard another voice snickering along with them, and Luke turned around in alarm.

"Chill, mate. It's just Sir Cadogan," Ron said, with distaste. Luke looked at him indignantly. "Sir Cadogan?"