13 • the loony

LEIA DIDN'T FEEL like talking to the others after she was badly outnumbered. Han and Luke woke up to find the middle bunk of their three-layered bed empty, the sheets made. Han yawned insensitively and said, "She'll get over it soon, Luke. I've been dating Leia for a pretty long time and she's really like that."

"I know," Luke said hollowly. "Where is she?"

"Probably hanging out with that Hermione chick," Han suggested. He started rummaging through the cupboard to see if there were any food that popped out, but there was no such luck. "Damnit Luke, don't tell me you finished all of the goodies without me!" he said, slamming the cupboard door shut.

"What do you mean?" Luke said, changing his shirt. "I woke up the same time as you and I don't wake up in the middle of the night. Just change into whatever crap you have to wear, Han, because we're going to find Harry and Ron."

"We're supposed to be finding food, Luke. Not a Hogwarts student or some kind of crap."

Luke sighed exasperatedly. "Just come with me and shut up, Han."

The both of them left the tent and walked towards the direction of the castle. The grounds were still empty because it was still early; the students were still probably sleeping. The sky was the shade of a deep pink, and the sun was still halfway between the hills. The soft sounds of owls hooting in the distance and the rustle of trees was heard.

"Ohhh, I get it now," Han said loudly, breaking the peaceful silence. "You want to find Ron and Harry so that they call help us find food. Great idea, Luke!"

Luke didn't reply, but gave him a nod. There were many things currently occupying his mind right now, like where Leia is (he knows it's not much of a big deal, because she could only be in the castle and not somewhere else) and the prospect of finding food. Talking to Han would sometimes be a waste of breath (unless you wanted to talk about smuggling crap and how awesome the Millennium Falcon is) and Luke just wanted to enjoy a silence he had never felt before in anywhere.

The sun was starting to peek out of the hills, and they finally reached the castle. "It wouldn't really hurt if we joined the Gryffindors for breakfast again, right?" Han said, his voice echoing around the hallway.

Luke shrugged. "I don't know. What if Snape scolds them again because of that?"

Han rolled his eyes. "Oh please, Luke. You're starting to act like Leia now, and it's highly annoying. We just need to find food, eat it, then we'll be a peaceful people again. Stop it with the Jedi crap that that Kenobi guy taught you."

Luke didn't reply. Eventually, they found the entrance to the Great Hall. It was empty, and the tables only had empty plates on them. It seemed strange to see the Hall empty, quiet and still; for it was usually filled with the chatter and laughter of the students every meal time.

"Why don't we just go to the kitchens, like before?" Han said through a yawn.

"Because," Luke said through gritted teeth, "we need a Hogwarts staff member or student to let us gain entry to the kitchens."

"Oh. Right," Han said, nodding solemnly.

"Why don't we go find Harry or Ron, then?" Luke suggested, turning left. Han followed him. "I mean, those two kids might be up already– they could definitely help us pig out for food."

Han scratched the back or his neck, showing signs of hesitation. "Uh, yeah, sure. But do you know where to find them?"

They both came to a halt in the middle of the corridor. Luke suddenly thought over the idea of finding Harry and Ron around the vast Hogwarts premises, because that meant a 99% of getting lost or having a run-in with that Snape creep. "Um, we'll bet on our luck then," he replied sheepishly.