Chapter 4 Escape

A little while after the storm was over, voices were heard from outside.

"That's it! That's the horseless chariot!"

"That's where the amazon came from!"

Diana and Renee had both dozed off again, but were awaken by the voices.

"It's Heracles!" said Diana as she looked up through the windshield, "He's here!"

Renee grasped.

'I could take him out,' Diana thought, 'But it's too risky. Renee could be killed.'

"Renee hang on!"

Diana started the engine and shift the car into gear.

"Stop that thing!" yelled Heracles as two of his men jumped out of the way of the moving DeLorean.

Heracles tossed a spear at the DeLorean, but it missed.

The car sped away.

Diana drove out of the forest and towards the city of Themyscira.

"Diana!" said Renee, "You're stronger than Heracles. Why do you retreat?"

"Because if I had fought him and his men I could have placed you in danger. You mean too much to me."

Diana placed her hand on Renee's lap.

"Didn't bring any weapons?"

"Just my lasso. I did store food in here, but I didn't think I needed any of them last night."

Renee looked down at Diana's hand on her leg, 'Is she in love with me? She could have any amazon she wants, why would she want me?'

Renee looked ahead and saw something.

"Diana stop the car! STOP!"

Diana jammed on the brake.

"What's the matter?!" snapped Diana.

Renee hopped out of the car and looked at the ruins of Themyscira.

"What in the name of Hera happened here?" Renee asked as Diana exited the car, "I didn't know Heracles did this much damage."

"This is NOT good!" said Diana.

"I wonder were the queen and the others are being kept."

"Remember Renee, interfering with any past events can change the future. We must be careful here."

"You're right. They'll get loose, it's written in history after all."

"Hey the lake." said Diana, "We can hide up there for a while."

Diana and Renee climbed into the car and drove towards the lake.

"Can the car make it up there?" asked Renee.

"Yes. The tank is full and I stored some extra gas in here too."