Chapter 8 part 2 a trip into the future

July 30, 2004 10:30 am

Diana turned the key in the ignition of the DeLorean as Renee climbed into the passenger seat of the car.

"Are we finally going to take our trip into the future?" asked Renee.

"You bet." Diana said with a big smile.

"Where are we going?"

Diana punched a date into the keyboard on the dashboard of the car.

October 21, 2054

"I figure that 50 years into the future is a nice round number." said Diana

"I wonder what our lives are going to be like at that time." said Renee

Diane reached her hand up to the roof of the car and flicked a switch. The DeLorean began to hover in the air.

"Do we have enough road to get up to 88?" asked Renee.

"Roads?" said Diana as the car began to speed up, "where we are going we don't need roads."

The DeLorean sped up through the air and reached 80 miles per hour in a matter of seconds.

As the car disappeared twin Trails of fire were left behind where the car once was and then fade away into the wind.

The future...

A blue light flashed in the sky and the

DeLorean appeared covered in ice.

Flying machines were all over the sky in Themyscira.

"Holy Hera!" said Renee, "Themyscira certainly has changed over the years."

Rain splattered the windshield as Thunder roared in the distance.

"Looks like Themyscira has adopted the use of flying vehicles by now."

Said Diana as the DeLorean came to a land in one of the main streets.

The island of Themyscira happened to divided into several parts, some of the parts were individual islands that are raised higher than the rest of the Mainland.

"it looks like the old Coliseum has been rebuilt." said Diana as she climbed out of the driver seat, "You want to go check it out?"

"no thank you," said Renee, "I think I will have a look at some of the shops that are here."

As Diana flew up to one of the other Islands to see the rebuild Coliseum, Renee walk down the main road to look at some of the shops that apparently had been built for the purpose of selling Novelties to tourists.

Inside the big window of one of the antique shops, Renee I've noticed quite a few things such as weapons and armor from her own time of Themyscira, also in the window was a book labeled Sports Almanac 2000 to 2050.

Just then a flash appeared on a giant TV screen in front of the Main Street.

"I knew they could do it," said one of the Amazons watching the screen, "I knew that the Themyscira Warriors would win the World Series."

'The world series?' Renee thought.

"it just makes me wish that I would have put some money on them at the beginning of the season." said one of the other Amazons.

'wait a minute, put some money on them at the beginning of the season?'

Renee returned to the old antique shop that she saw her earlier and where to pick up the books that she noticed