Chapter 11 Time to fix everything

Diana and Renee hid the DeLorean at a lot several miles away from the Empress's palace.

Renee had build a camp fire, but she kept the flames very small so nobody could see any smoke.

Diana had left to go search the remains of the Themyscira library for any information.

"What could have happened?" Renee asked herself.

Just the Diana flew into the camp site with a large scrap book in her hands.

"I found some stuff." Diana said as she landed.

Diana opened up the scrap book and pointed to a newspaper article.

The headline read "Renee kills wonder woman"

Renee gasped at the picture of herself with the magic staff that she saw earlier.

"It's me?" Renee whimpered "So it's true. I am the empress."

"There's more" said Diana

Another Article titled "Renee accepted Ares as a partner for more money and power."

Then another one, "Renee becomes richest woman in the world."

"Renee?" said Diana as she put her hand on Rene's shoulder who covered her face in tears, "Did you interact with anyone while I was gone?"

Renee continued to cry.

"Please darling... tell me and we can fix all of this."

"I bought a souvenir. It was a book."

Diana looked at one of the pictures of Renee's winnings. There seemed to be a book sticking out of one of her pockets.

Thunder crashed in the distance.

Renee pulled the sports Almanac out of her top.

"This is it." She said.

"It looked identical." Said Diana, " I think I'm starting to understand what happened."

Thunder crashed again.

"I think I understand now." said Renee, it was all of that money that made her greedy over the years. Until she eventually except a bribe from Ares, that staff came from him!

Apparently all Renee had to do was kill the love of her life Diana and she will be granted all of the power in the world.

It seemed that the more Rich became the more corrupted she became.

Renee stared at the almanac, "this is all because of this book!"

Renee tossed the almanac into the campfire and watched it burn to ashes.

The headline "Renee kills wonder woman" changed into "Diana and Renee were married, the first couple of Themyscira"

Diana gasped at the change!

"Renee! It changed!"

Another Article changed into "Diana and Renee win wrestling tag team championship together"

Thunder crashed again.

Another change read "Diana and Renee create baby girl artificial insemination, little Renee is born"

A scream was heard as the rain came down.

"You fools!"

It was the Empress in a flying chariot.

"You've ruined everything! You've destroyed my empire! My guards and my palace are gone!"

"The timeline must be catching up to this place" said Renee as she and Diana climbed into the DeLorean.

"She's getting pretty close," said Diana "Now might be a good time to go home."

Diana turned the key and drove out of the vacant lot as the Empress followed while shooting her staff.

Renee put in the date in the keypad.

July 30, 2004 10:30 am

The DeLorean sped up to 60 mph as the Empress chased after it.

As the car sped up to 75 mph, Renee screamed as the Empress fired another beam at them.

The car reached 80 mph as a sign passed "bridge out"

"Diana! The bridge is out!"

"I know honey, we can use the hover ability when the time is right."

More laser beams shot at the car.

Diana flipped the switch for the hover ability as the car reached 85 mph.

The Empress just would not quit!

"I'll get you two for this!"

86 mph...87...88!

Renee covered her eyes as the wind was bathed in a flashing blue light.

One laser beam hit the back of the car just as it jumped!

The DeLorean spun out of control as it landed by it the present time.

Fortunately Diana was able to land the car safely.