2

Im at work half asleep. My hand is holding up my head and I think I'm gonna just pass out. No one else is here since all the other officers and my deputy are out. I went to the sofa and led down before falling asleep. I was up all night.

"Emma" someone shouts waking me up.

"What" I asked sitting in an up right position.

"Why you asleep when your meant to be working" it was Henry.

"Why you not at school" I asked confused.

"Got suspended" he sighed.

"What? Why" I asked shocked.

"Cutting class" he shrugged.

"Your mum will kill you. Henry your 17 now. You can't be doing that" I sighed as I stood up.

"I'll try. Can I chill here and the school will phone you not mum cause I changed the names around. Your now the one they call first and then mum"

"Henry!" I say shocked.

"What? You less likely to shout at me than mum" he replied with another shrug.

"Your such a moron. You have to tell her" I say with a chuckle.

"I will. Just don't want them to. I'll also twist the story so she doesn't shout at me even more"

"Your a little shit you know that"

"Thank you" he laughed making me laugh.

"Well your right I won't shout at you but your probably grounded. When's this school gonna phone" I asked shaking my head at the boy.

"Three... two... one" he counts before the phone rang.

I chuckled and picked up he phone. He sat down where I was once asleep and watched as I placed it against my ear.

"Hello. Sheriff swan speaking" I answered.

"Hello mrs swan. Your son is suspended for not turning up to any science lessons" a woman replied.

"I'm aware. He's with me now. Thank you and I'll make sure he's in first thing Monday morning" I say formally.

"Thank you sheriff. Have a good day" She says then I hang up.

"Your lucky that wasn't your mum. She'd kill you and she will" I laugh.

"Well can I chill here all day until you finish work" he asked softly.

"Yeah. Only if you tell me why your cutting science"

"Cause the teacher puts me down and makes me feel like I'm never going to pass. He even said not to bother getting my hopes up about getting a pass" Henry replied looking down.

I could see he was genuinely upset about this. I went over and crouched down in front of him. He looked at me and I smiled.

"Don't listen to that prick. He clearly doesn't know how to do his job. You need to go to his classes and prove him wrong. I got A's in most including science so I'll help you if you want" I offered.

"Thanks mum. He makes me feel like a I'm useless but really he can't do his stupid job" he says annoyed at the teacher.

"Look we won't tell your mum about you getting suspended for the week and you can come to work with me. I'll help you. If she finds out your taking the blame though"

Henry hugged me tight and smiled as he held me. I now Regina will murder my ass if she finds out but I know he needs my help. I love that kid and he is my son.

"Thank you mum. Your awesome"