Chapter 4

Serena's nightie

Serena's POV

I can't believe Ash! How could he say such a thing? Like losing to a girl is some horrible thing to be ashamed of! He's lost battles against girls before. How could he be so sexist? By the time I get to Nurse Joy I'm fuming. "Serena is there something I can do for you?" Nurse Joy asks me.
"Yeah, I just got through with a Pokémon battle and was wondering if you could look at my Pokémon for me." I say. "Alright I'll take your Pokémon." Nurse Joy says. I hand her my two Poke balls that contain Milotic and Emolga. Then I pass Sylveon over to her. "Okay I'll have your Pokémon back out to you soon." She says. "Okay thank you." I say. "You're welcome." Nurse Joy says. I take a seat in the lobby to wait, Braixen perched beside me. "Can you believe Ash? He was such a jerk!" I say to Braixen. "Braixen Braix!" My first Pokémon agrees. Then the doors open and Ash comes barreling through with Pikachu hanging on for dear life. Ash just barely manages to keep from crashing into me. "Serena I'm sorry." Ash says to me, but I'm still irritated so I turn my head away and stick my nose up. Braixen does the same and it would have been comical if I weren't so mad.
"Come on Serena I said I'm sorry." Ash tries again. "Sorry for what?" I ask glaring and trying to make sure he actually knows what he did wrong. "I'm sorry for what I said about Pikachu getting beat by a girl." Ash replies. "Do you even realize how sexist that is? You basically just implied that the female gender is weaker than the male! You have lost to women in the past! I just can't believe you'd say something so demeaning!" I exclaim. "Serena I'm really, really sorry. You're right it was wrong of me to say something so thoughtless. Please forgive me." Ash pleads. He's looking at me with a doleful expression and as much as I wish I could stay mad I can't. Besides I can tell he's truly sorry. And although he's not down on his knees begging for forgiveness I decide to forgive him. "I forgive you Ash." I say sighing. "Really? That's great you're the best!" Ash exclaims kissing my cheek. "Wow you guys just had your first fight and make up and you've only been together for a few hours." Shauna comments. "Hey in our defense we have three years worth of fights and making up to catch up on." Ash points out. "That's a good point." Trevor agrees. "Don't forget making out. You both have a lot of that to catch up on as well." Miette taunts."Miette!" I scold, cheeks flaming red. "Serena your Pokémon are ready!" Nurse Joy calls from the counter. "I'll be right back." I say striding over to the counter. "Thank you so much." I say, clipping Milotic's and Emolga's Pokeballs back onto my pink belt and scooping Sylveon up from the counter. "You're very welcome! Have a nice night!" Nurse Joy says. I look out the window and see the sky is dark, it is indeed night time. As I take my seat next to Ash a thought occurs to me. "Hey Ash, shouldn't you get your Pokémon checked out too?" I ask my boyfriend. "Yeah good point." Ash says running to the counter. I grin at his shenanigans. "So Serena now that you've achieved your dream of becoming Kalos Queen what do you plan on doing next?" Shauna asks me. "Um I'm not really sure. I suppose I'll have to stay in Kalos for a while. But I'd really like to take a vacation and start traveling again." I reply. "Oh? Where are you thinking of going?" Miette asks. "I'm not sure yet." I say. "Well why don't you come back to Alola with me?" Ash asks, coming to sit next to me. "I thought you were done in Alola." I say. "Well technically I've completed all of my trials, but I'd like to show you around there and introduce you to my friends. Plus there's tons of new Pokémon there." Ash says. I think for a minute. It would be nice to travel again but I still feel like I'd be shrinking my duties as Kalos Queen. Then an idea occurs to me. "Hey Ash do they have Showcases or Pokémon contests in Alola?" I ask. "No, no they don't." Ash replies catching on to where I'm going with this. "Well I think that as Kalos Queen it is my duty to spread the idea of showcases to an exotic region with no such activities. Wouldn't you agree?" I ask. "Yes I think that's a wonderful idea." Ash says. "Ash your Pokémon are ready!" Nurse Joy calls. Ash goes to retrieve his Pokémon, returning with Pikachu on his shoulder. "Hey can Clemont and I come to Alola with you all too?" Bonnie asks. "Well I don't see why not. It can be just like old times, that is if Clemont wants to." I say. "Please big brother! Can we?" Bonnie pleads. "Well I suppose Clembot could take care of the Gym for a while." Clemont agrees. "Yay!" Bonnie exclaims. "Then it's settled, tomorrow I'll hold a press conference to announce my plans." I say. "Good for you guys! That will give me and Miette plenty of time to perfect our routines to challenge you for the crown when you return!" Shauna says. "Right!" Miette agrees. "Well I wish both luck because I don't plan on handing it over easily!" I tell them. "Well we should all probably get going. Trevor, Tierno and I are heading over to Professor Sycamore's so he can check our Pokedex's before we head out again." Shauna says. "Alright , I'll see you when I return." I tell Shauna, giving her a hug. "You all take care!" Clemont says. "See you when we come back!" Ash says. "Bye bye!" Bonnie says. After the trio departs Miette speaks. "Well I should head out too." Miette says. "Where are you going?" I ask. "Oh around. I was actually thinking about skirting around to the nearest training center to scope out some boys. Now that Ash is taken I'm back on the prowl." Miette replies with a wink. I just sigh. "Bye Miette." I say. After another round of farewells Miette is off too. And then there were four. "So Clemont are you and Bonnie going to stay the night here? Or head back to your house?" Ash asks. "We should probably head home, I've got some tweaks I should make on Clembot to get ready for our departure. How about we all meet up here before Serena's press conference." Clemont replies. "Good idea. We'll see you tomorrow."I say. "Alright bye!" Clemont says heading for the exit. Bonnie following with a wave. "So did you book a room to stay in here?" I ask Ash. "No, I didn't exactly have the time." Ash says. "Well I guess you'll have to stay in my room with me." I say winking. Ash blushes. "Come on let's go." I say grabbing his hand and leading him to my room with Sylveon and Braixen beside me. When we enter my room I'm struck with a problem. There's only one bed, which I usually share with Braixen and Sylveon. Braixen is about the size of a small human child. There's no way all Ash, Braixen, Pikachu, Sylveon and I can all fit. "Serena is something wrong?" Ash asks. "Yeah. How are all of us going to fit on the bed? Braixen is the size of a small child." I reply. "I could take the floor." Ash suggests. "No, you've traveled a long way to be here and I'm sure with the time zone differences between Alola and Kalos you must be experiencing some heavy jet lag." I say. "Well maybe we could get a different room." Ash suggests. "I doubt we could on such short notice. Give me a minute I'll think of something." I say. But then Braixen provides the solution by gesturing to one of the Pokeballs on my belt. "You want in your Pokeball?" I ask surprised. "Braix!" Braixen confirms. "Are you sure? You haven't been in your Pokémon for at least a two years." I say. "Braix Braixen!" She confirms. "Okay. Braixen return." I say taking out the Pokeball and pressing the button.
"Well that solves that. I'm going to go take a shower, then you can have the bathroom." I tell Ash. "Okay, I'm going to go call my mom and let her know that I'm heading back to Alola soon." Ash says kissing my cheek and heading to the door. Once he leaves I pull out my red satin nightie. It's a little skimpy but then again no one's ever seen me in it before. After not having to share a room or tent with anyone for the past year I've gotten used to wearing whatever I want to bed. Plus it's cute. Oh well at least it's just Ash. However I will need to get something less revealing before I start traveling with Clemont and Bonnie again. "Now Sylveon you wait here. I'll be out in a bit." I tell my Pokémon. Then I close the bathroom door behind me, eager for a hot shower and good night's sleep.