Chapter 12

Serena's POV

"So where are we going first?" I ask as we pass the welcome sign for Hau'oli City. "The beach. I'd like to introduce you to ride Pokémon." Lana replies. "What are ride Pokémon?" Bonnie asks curiously. "You'll find out." Lana replies grinning. I look at Sylveon and Braixen, they both look as confused as me. We all head to the picturesque beach. "There's a changing tent over there." Mallow says, gesturing to a red and white striped tent. "We'll all have to take turns." I say, nibbling my lip. "Yeah, but it won't take long." Mallow says, shrugging her shoulders.
"Why don't you go first Serena?" Lilly suggests. "Okay Sylveon, Braixen you wait out here." I say, stepping into the tent. I take my swimsuit out of my bag, before stripping out of my clothes.
I put on my swimsuit, deciding to leave my cover up in my bag. I step out of the tent. Bonnie rushes forward and places Dedenne on my shoulder before entering the tent. "Well she seems excited." I say to the Antennae Pokémon perched on my shoulder. "Nenne ne." Dedenne agrees. "Well she should be." Lana says giggling. I'm still really confused about this ride Pokémon thing, but Bonnie seems to be embracing it, so I will too. Bonnie comes out of the tent, wearing her Electric type swimsuit. Lilly goes next, then Mallow and finally Lana.
"Now, follow me." Lana instructs, leading us to a dock. As we get closer, I notice several Sharpedo and Lapras with what looks like handle bars attached to them. I take out my Pokedex to scan them.

Lapras: The Transport Pokémon A Water and Ice type, When Lapras sings a sad song at twilight, its said to be looking for other Lapras. Because of human activity, these Pokémon are growing more rare."

I move my Pokedex to Sharpedo.

"Sharpedo: The Brutal Pokémon. A Water and Dark type, though Sharpedo isn't great at swimming long distances, it can shoot forward at seventy-five MPH by propelling seawater through its body. If a tooth falls out, it grows back immediately."

Come on girls, pick one." Lana instructs. Bonnie immediately goes to a Sharpedo. Lilly chooses a Lapras. Mallow also chooses a Sharpedo. I decide to go with a Lapras. I approach one and gently rub its head, introducing myself to her. "Alright, now hop on." Lana says. She releases her own Lapras. Everyone jumps onto their chosen Pokémon. Sylveon jumps on next to me, but Braixen hesitates. "Come on Braixen." I say. "Brai, Braixen." She refuses. "Come on, it will be fun." I encourage.
"Braixen." She says, crossing her arms and sitting on the dock. "Well I guess Braixen isn't coming." I sigh. "Well she is a fire type, she probably doesn't like water all that much." Mallow points out. "I know, I just don't want to leave her here all alone." I say. "Wait, Dedenne can stay with her." Bonnie says as Dedenne hops off her shoulder and back onto the dock with Braixen. "And so can Tsareena and Fomantis." Mallow says, releasing her two Pokémon. I wish I knew more about Alolan Pokémon. I'll have to ask Professor Kukui if he can update my Pokedex later. "I'm sure Snowy wouldn't mind staying here either." Lilly says, releasing the ice type. "Well I might as well let out the rest of my Pokémon. I'm sure Milotic would love to take take a swim." I say, releasing Pancham, Vulpix, Emolga and Milotic. Milotic immediately dives into the water, splashing everyone, Braixen somehow manages to avoid the spray.
"Good idea I'm sure Poplio would like to as well." Lana says, releasing her other Pokémon who joins Milotic in the water. "Okay everyone, I'd like you all to stay here and play while we go out on the water for a bit." I tell my Pokémon. They all nod in understanding. Mallow and Lilly tell their Pokémon to do the same. "Let's go." Lana says, taking off. Lapras and the others do the same. "Wait! Lana how do we steer?" I ask, panicking. "If you want to go left, gently nudge Lapras in the side with your left foot. The same applies if you want to go right and to go faster, you nudge with both feet." She replies. "And what if I want to stop?" I ask. "You won't want too." She replies before jetting off. I huff, but nudge Lapras forward to catch up with the others. As we surf around, I start to relax. This is actually really nice, the breeze is ruffling my hair and the smell of the ocean is really soothing. I look around and spot a school of Luvdisc swimming underneath me. "Sylveon look." I say pointing to the Pokémon below us. "Veon!" Sylveon exclaims eyes wide with wonder. I grin at my Pokémon.
Lapras continues to cruise at a leisurely pace. The others have gone ahead of us. I see Bonnie on her Sharpedo going really fast and squealing in happiness. I grin. Milotic pops up beside us. I pat her head as she swims beside us. Eventually she dives back under, probably to find some wild Pokémon to play with. I smile in contentment. I scratch the side of Lapras' neck, and it coos in joy. It's so peaceful. Until I'm struck by a wall of water. I'm completely soaked and so is Sylveon. I look over to Bonnie who had pulled up along side us. I glare at her. "Come on Serena we're all going to have a race back to the docks." Bonnie says, gesturing to where Mallow, Lana and Lilly are waiting. I sigh and follow her, to the other girls. "So what do you think about having a race?" Mallow asks. "I think you all have spent to much time around Ash. He always has to turn everything into a competition." I say. "Come on it'll be fun." Lilly encourages. "Okay." I agree. "Great. Now everyone line up." Lana instructs.
We all do as she says. "Great! Now, ready, set, go!" She shouts. All of us take off. I nudge Lapras with my feet, causing her to speed up. We are going really fast, and pass Lilly with relative ease. I smile and nudge her to go even faster. We go so fast, water is splashing up against my legs. Sylveon has her feelers wrapped around my waist so she doesn't fall off. Soon we pass Bonnie. I start to laugh, this really is fun. I nudge Lapras to go faster than ever before. "Sylveon!" Sylveon exclaims, whether it's out of fear or excitement, I'm not sure. The water is flying so high now, we get drenched with every flap of Lapras' flippers. Eventually we pass Mallow too. Soon we are on Lana's tail, and begin to over take her. I lean forward in excitement. We could actually win this. Then I feel myself slipping from Lapras' back. I scream and try to hold on but end up falling off. Sylveon falls with me. I end up swallowing a bunch of salt water. When we surface from the water I'm spluttering and coughing. Lapras has left us, and every else had passed us. I sigh and start treading water, waiting. Soon Milotic is underneath me. I hop on her back with Sylveon and she takes us to the docks. I'm still coughing when we get there. "Hey Serena, where have you been?" Lana asks. "Drowning." I reply, irritated. "Are you okay?" Lilly asks. "Yeah, I'm fine." I reply. "Let's go lay out in the sun for a little bit, let it dry us off." Mallow suggests. We all agree, heading to a spot on the sand and laying out our towels. We all sit down. Except for Bonnie, who runs off to play with all our Pokémon. I watch Braixen and Tsareena building a sand castle. Poplio, Milotic and Lapras are all swimming around. Vulpix and Snowy are chasing around a Corphish. Pancham and Emolga are mock battling. Dedenne and Fomantis are riding around on Sylveon's back. "So Serena, you had some pretty impressive bed head this morning. What did you and Ash do last night?" Mallow asks. "We kissed and stuff." I say, blushing. "What kind of stuff?" Mallow asks, eyes sparkling with curiosity. I look around for Bonnie before replying. I spot her playing in the water with Milotic. "We made out, touched each other's bodies. Did lots of necking." I reply, blushing furiously. "I'm surprised you let him kiss you. It seemed like you were mad at him last night." Lilly says. "Oh I was." I agree. "Why? What'd he do?" Lana asks. "Well after he led me to the bathroom, he pushed me against the door and began to kiss me." I say. "He didn't make you do anything did he?" Mallow asks, cracking her knuckles. I smile at her wanting to protect me, even though we just met yesterday.
"No, never! We were making out and got caught by Professor Kukui. Right before that Ash had assured me we wouldn't get caught. He said he forgot about Kukui. I told him he could forget about kissing me for the rest of the day." I explain. They all giggle at the fact that we were caught by Kukui. "Well something obviously changed your mind, since you let him kiss you and do that other stuff." Lilly says. "So what made you change your mind?" Lana asks. "He cheated." I grumble. "How so?" Mallow asks. "He found one of my sweet spots. I turned to jelly." I groan.
"Where is it?" Lana asks. "I'm not telling you, it's private." I reply.
"Will you are least tell us if he's a good kisser?" Mallow asks. "He's a great kisser." I reply, grinning. "So what's going on between you and Kiawe?" I ask Mallow, wiggling my eyebrows.
"Nothing's going on between me and Kiawe! Nothing at all!" Mallow quickly denies. "Right. I've seen the way he looks at you." I say. "What do you mean? How does he look at me?" Mallow asks, curious. "He looks at you, the way I used to look at Ash before we got together." I say. "Oh you mean like a lost Lillipup." Bonnie says, coming up to us. "Yeah. Like that." I say dryly.
"When did you get here Bonnie?" Lana asks. "When Serena asked about Kiawe and Mallow." Bonnie replies. "Oh well did you need something?" Lilly asks. "Yeah, I wanted you to all come watch me catch that Azurill over there." Bonnie says, pointing to an Azurill facing off with Dedenne. "Alright let's go." I say standing up. All of us go stand by Bonnie. I pull out my Pokedex to scan the blue Pokémon.

"Azurill: The Polka Dot Pokémon. A Normal and Fairy type. Azurill can fling itself more that ten yards by spinning the large ball at the end of its tail and then throwing it. It can also use the tail to bounce around."

      "Alright let's do this. Dedenne use Nuzzle!" Bonnie orders. Dedenne begins rubbing its cheeks, building up electricity, before rubbing itself against the Azurill. The water type Pokémon is knocked down, but springs back up on its tail. The Azurill lets out a jet of water, the move Water Gun. "Dodge it!" Bonnie commands, brows drawn down. Dedenne dodges the attack. "Now use Tackle." Bonnie orders. Dedenne goes in with the attack, but a shimmering screen appears in front of the Azurill, and Dedenne is knocked back from the Pokémon, sustaining some damage. It had used Protect. "Dedenne are you okay?" Bonnie asks. "Denne!" Dedenne assures. "Good, now use Play Rough!" She orders. Dedenne moves in on the Azurill and strikes it repeatedly. "Azurill!" The Pokémon exclaims in pain. "Now would be a good time to throw that pokeball!" I shout to Bonnie. "Right! Go Pokeball!" Bonnie shouts, throwing the catching device.
The Pokeball makes contact with Azurill and a red light pulls it inside.
Bonnie goes and picks up the Pokeball out of the sand. It shakes three times, before it makes the noise indicating that Azurill is caught. "Yeah! I caught an Azurill!" Bonnie exclaims. "That's great Bonnie! I'm sure Clemont will be proud!" I say enthusiastically. "You think so?" Bonnie asks. "I'm positive he will be!" I assure. "Denne!" Dedenne agrees. "Now why don't you bring out the hat cutie you just caught. She can introduce herself to all of our Pokémon." Mallow says. "Yeah alright! Azurill come on out!" Bonnie shouts, throwing her Pokeball. "Azu!" Azurill says when it comes out of the Pokeball.
Bonnie scoops up the Polka Dot Pokémon, and rubs its head. "Zurill!" She coos. "How cute!" Lilly exclaims. "Thanks! I'm going to go introduce her to all the Pokémon." Bonnie says, running off with the Azurill in her arms and Dedenne on her shoulder.
"You know we should probably get going soon." Mallow says. "Yeah, next up is my surprise." Lilly says grinning. "Let's give Bonnie a few more minutes." I say, watching her and her new Azurill playing in the water with Milotic, Poplio and Lapras. "Okay, why don't we all get changed." Lana suggests. We all agree and head for the changing tents. Once we are all dressed, I inform Bonnie that it is almost time to leave. She reluctantly returns Azurill and goes to change. I returnall of my Pokémon with the exception of Sylveon and Braixen. Lana returns all of her Pokémon as does Mallow. Lilly keeps Snowy out, and carries her in her arms. When Bonnie comes out, Lilly takes the lead of the group. "Alright everyone follow me." Lilly says, leading us back into town.
"So where are we going next?" Bonnie asks. "Somewhere relaxing." Lilly replies. I try to figure out where we might be going, but draw a blank.
Eventually we stop in front of a large white building. I read the sign, and realize it's a spa. "Oh this is going to be great." I squeal. My Pokémon look at me, confused. "You'll see." I tell them. I love spas. If the rest of the day looks like this, these girls might become my new best friends.