🐠 prologue

It was quite a long and stormy night at the city of Busan, people's things were lost, garbages are almost scattered everywere the ocean.

Chaeyoung shaked her head in annoyance as she sighed, 'Stupid humans, why do they need to disrespect the ocean like this?'

"If only there's a way I could help this environment." she frowned while wiggling off her golden-scaled tail.

The truth is, Chaeyoung doesn't really hate the mortals but instead, it's the lack of humanity that most of them have towards mother nature.

While thinking of an idea, Chaeyoung blinked when she suddenly heard faint footsteps, 'Oh no.' She panicked and quickly dived inside the water to prevent the human from seeing her.

Out of curiosity, the girl peeked out to see the stranger who interrupted her alone time on the rocky shore.

She saw a man alone who was angry, really really angry, but it looks like he's not in the right time today.

Chaeyoung decided that it was best to go home now before the furious, drunk man sees her.

All was good and nice until she heard a glass breaking behind her, Chaeyoung turned around expecting it be a hoax but instead a piece of sharp glass ran through the side of her cheeks.

Oh no.

Another thing she hates about
is when everyone disrespects the ocean, leaving toxicity all over the ocean and she will never ever let that pass.

Chaeyoung's face transformed into a reddish shade, surely because she was displeased with the man's action. The furious mermaid grabbed a shard of glass under the water. Chaeyoung being an excellent creature that she is, threw the shard like a shuriken.

The shard went past through his cheeks, creating a small scar on the area.

"Ow!" the raven-haired man touched his bleeding puffs, instantly observing around his the ocean, 'What the fuck was that!?'

Chaeyoung dived inside the water, charging herself as she swim up the air and fin-slapped the man. Hard.

'That's what you deserve, ungrateful human!' scoffed by the young mermaid as she swam away, leaving the man scared and confused.