chapter 1

Days has passed, Chaeyoung still hasn't come back at the rocky shore eversince she attacked that drunken man out of nowhere.

Chaeyoung was weird among her fellow mermaids, most of the fishes her age had their parents with them.

'I wonder what's it like to have those?' Chaeyoung smiled as she thought while watching a family of mermaids have their warm moments together.

"Chaeyoung-ah!"

The blonde lady glanced at the voice behind her, "Sooyoung?"

Sooyoung was like Chaeyoung who had no guardian that's why they grew close together since when were kids, she's also recognized by alot of mermaids because of her eye-catching beauty.

Chaeyoung was quite envious of Sooyoung, her green tail, smooth skin and her well accesorized hair.

"Why were you so late? We were looking for you." Sooyoung said in a worried tone.

The latter faintly smiled, "I'm fine, Sooyoung don't worry." She reassured the older one.

Sooyoung examined her face while Chaeyoung weirdly stares at her, "What is it?"

"Is that a sca-"

Chaeyoung turned her around, moving her hair on her cheek where the scar was located, "It's nothing~ Don't worry about it." She cheerfully beamed, swimming with her as they both got home.

– • ❤ • –

Later that night, it was certain all of the sea creatures except for Chaeyoung.

She quietly got up on her giant clam bed, sneakily as Chaeyoung escaped out of the den.

Chaeyoung was quite an adventurous one, she's always been curious about the other parts of the world more specifically, the human world.

As Chaeyoung explored through the part of the ocean, her eyebrow raised in confusion when she saw an unusual tint of light from a cave.

"How come I haven't seen this?" Chaeyoung asked herself and carefully swam near the tunnel.

The cave was full of witchcrafts like weird liquids, dead animals and a large couldron.

Chaeyoung looked around the place, examining each stuffs she touches, "I thought sea witches only lived in far places, never thought I'd see it here.."

"Well you've seen one now."

A voice from behind startled the young girl. Chaeyoung turned herself infront of the stranger.

The woman had a pale skin, well-sculpted features, her dark crown designed with seashells that was worn by her purple hair.

"Do you need something, mortal soul?"

"For a sea witch like you, you're honestly quite gorgeous, did Hephaestus made you?" Instead of letting out a stutter Chaeyoung confidently complimented the her out of nowhere.

The witch's face turned red, she never expected the mermaid to compliment her, "I-I knew that!" She exclaimed, glancing away from Chaeyoung.

Chaeyoung amusedly chuckled, "You're welcome, you are?"

Her expression quickly changed into a serious one, "The name's Joohyun, what do you want?"

"You."

"Are you serious?" She crossed both of her arms.

The half-fish laughed, "Just kidding." Joohyun narrowed her eyes. at the blonde one.

Chaeyoung gave her a half smile, "Do you perhaps...have a food stored there?" Her smirk turned into an begging smile causing Joohyun to raise both of her brows. "Again, are you serious?"

The mermaid gave her an eyesmile while nodding her head, "Atleast any earth food would be fine."

Joohyun rolled her eyes and sighed, "What's in it for me?"

"Is my pretty self enough?" Chaeyoung asked as she innocently grinned.

"No" Said by Joohyun that was runmaging through her cabinet.

Her answer made Chaeyoung pucker her lips cute. "How mean."

Joohyun swam back to her with her black tail while holding a strange package but wrapped in seaweeds.

Chaeyoung tilted her head. "What are those? Looks odd."

"Food." Joohyun replied, passing out the strange package to her.

"It's not poison, right?" Chaeyoung suspiciously eyed her.

"No ofcourse not, now grab it while I'm still in the mood!"

"Alright, alright!" Chaeyoung raised her hands in defeat as she took the food from her.

She smiled at her, "Thank you for this, Joohyun! may the deity above bless you." Chaeyoung exclaimed, exiting the cave with a cheery vibe attached to her.

Joohyun sighed while eyeing the maiden outside of her cave, "Poor poor fish, I wonder why the deity has picked this path for you?"