chapter 2

Birds were flying, the sun was shining and Chaeyoung was found lying.

"Babe, do you think she's dead?" The woman asked while worriedly looking at Chaeyoung.

"I don't think so, she's still breathing." Replied by the cat-eyed latter.

"Wake her up then!" The older one exclaimed.

"I can't, why don't you do it?"

"I just can't, okay? now you do it."

Chaeyoung groaned as she slowly opened her eyes, turning her head on the two ladies who were both arguing.

'Humans?' The clueless woman thought, Chaeyoung gasped suddenly recalling that she was not a normal species.

Chaeyoung glanced down her bottom only for her to find out that her shiny, golden scales and shimmerinf fins are gone but rather, a pair of perfect and long legs.

"Why is my tail missing?"

That earth food last night was surely one hell of a drug.

"Tail?" The redhead questioned.

"You have a tail?"

The blonde haired girl unsurely nodded.

"U-Uhhh we should get you help" The brown haired beamed as she grabbed a towel from their car, while the older girl helped her sat up.

"My name's Jisoo and this is Jennie, my girlfriend."

She nodded at their introduction, still bewildered by what happened to her, "I'm Chaeyoung.."

Jennie wrapped the towel around her body, "Are you around from here, Chaeyoung-sshi?"

Chaeyoung shooked her head, "I don't know to be honest.."

She nodded as a response, "I see, you should stay at our house for awhile then we'll try to figure something out."

Both of the girls helped her stood up, putting her arms on their shoulders.

Chaeyoung feels so strange with having legs instead of a tail that it made her wonder, 'Is this because of the food I ate last night?' She thought as they brought her inside the backseat of their car.

While Jennie's driving and Jisoo's talking, Chaeyoung stared outside of the car, trying to observe the human world.

The streets were still quite unclean from the storm's visit but nevertheless it still amazed the innocent mermaid.

Few minutes later the girls finally arrived at their apartment, Jennie parked the car nearby the building, "Wait..how are we supposed to bring her to our apartment?"

"Shit, you're right." Jisoo facepalmed herself.

Jennie let out a frustrated sigh, "Just grab some clothes and we'll wait here."

• – ❤ – •

Chaeyoung was following the two, older girls with awe plastered on her face when she saw the building's interior, 'The humans' house are so different compared to my home back at the ocean.'

They went inside their room and took down the things they were holding, "Chaeyoung, do you know how to take a bath?"

Chaeyoung definitely heard that word somewhere but she never had bath because obciously she's a fish.

She gave them a look, "N-No...."

"I guess we'll have to teach you how." Jennie glanced at Jisoo as she nodded.

• – ❤ – •

Chaeyoung finally learned how to take a bath all thanks to Jennie and Jisoo.

"This will be your clothes." Jisoo smiled towards her and gave Chaeyoung a tshirt and shorts.

The younger took the clothes and wore them, "It fits perfectly, thank you for this." Chaeyoung exclaimed as she curved her lips upwards.

Jisoo gave her a nod, "Stay here, okay? we'll be grabbing a food for us to eat."

When Chaeyoung heard the word 'food' she looked at Jisoo and moved her head, with sparkles all over her eyes.

"Seems like she loves food already." Jennie chuckled.

Jisoo wiped her invisible tears, "I feel like I just adopted a baby."

"But I thought I'M your baby." The cat-eyed girl frowned at Jisoo.

"Oops, I meant again." Jisoo responded at her, giving her an apologetic grin.

Chaeyoung can't tell if she finds this adorable or just plain uncomfortable, but she just continued to smile throughout their conversation.

"Anyways, we should get going."

Chaeyoung smiled and nodded as the two lovers exited the apartment room.

She began to observe the living room, the house was quite big for an apartment. The house was filled with white christmas lights that was hanged around at some parts of the wall.

"This looks so beautiful..." Chaeyoung complimented, exploring the house more.

She then went to the hallways where multiple doors are placed, "I wonder what are these for?"

Most of the doors were locked except for the last door.

Chaeyoung grabbed the doorknob, pulling it down for it to open just for her see a room full of superhero figures.

'This is weird, I've never seen a human like this.' Chaeyoung bowed at the giant figure, "Greetings weird human?"

After greeting all of the action figures inside the room, Chaeyoung soon felt herself going hazy.

"I should get a rest..." Chaeyoung muttered and sat on the queen size bed, completely hiding herself inside the comforter.

While Chaeyoung was sleeping, the door at the living room was opened by a handsome lad.

"Noona! I'm home."