6

The syringe was another piece of evidence that was marked on the list. Makarov was thankful for the groups determination on finding their friend, but at the same time he had some doubts. What if they don't find Gray? What if they do, but Gray has started a new life? What if the ice mage was dead? There were so many possibilities running throughout the old man's head that he jumped when Erza patted his head.

"You raised Natsu well," the woman said. They were standing against the balcony, and they were watching as the visiting guilds were getting along with Fairy Tail down below. Makarov smiled and closed his eyes.

"Don't give me all the credit. Remember that he was also raised by that dragon, Igneel." Erza nodded and looked over the sea of heads. The surrounding air had suddenly gotten colder, but Erza was now used to it, for it has been happening for almost a while week. She flipped the syringe around in her hand.

"Still, you took him in without knowing what he was capable of. He turned out kind hearted, yet a complete dimwit, and that's a good thing. He cares enough to search for his brother figure, and it's funny because he thinks every little thing is evidence," Erza gave off a small laugh when she referred to the closet. Makarov shook his head. Even though it was a good piece of evidence that did slightly help his point, Erza, one of the brighter thinkers in the guild, would have never thought about Gray's closet. And the sad part was that she knew the ice mage longer than Gray has known the dragon slayer.

Makarov laughed as he made his way to the stairs and slowly walked over to the bar.

•••

Lucy didn't show up the next day, nor did Juvia and Happy. Natsu had awoken in the infirmary and found out that his scarf was sprawled across the bed directly across from his. Natsu had assumed it was Porlyusica, who had came in the night before to make sure he was feeling well. When Jellal came in to check in on Natsu, however, the blue haired male claimed that the doctor hadn't shown her presence in the guild hall that day. This seemed strange to Natsu, but he pushed the thought aside.

Meanwhile, Gray was collapsed in the corner. Even though he couldn't see his own body, he was still exhausted. Gray decided that if he was still there, then he would have to focus all his power on Natsu's scarf. That was the hardest thing he has ever done, and he was tired. He needed some sleep. Gray decided he would rest his eyes until he heard someone else come into the room.

Jellal has left the room, and someone else had entered. Rogue. Gray's rest was cut short today. The shadow dragon slayer walked over to the smiling fire dragon slayer, who greeted him for the first time since he first came to fairy tail five days ago.

"Are you liking it in Magnolia?" Natsu asked. He was sitting cross legged on his bed, and he was messing around with his sheets. Rogue nodded.

"Yeah, its a bit peaceful. But this is Fairy Tail, and that's a bit surprising," Rogue smirked. Natsu nodded. He wasn't wrong. The only action that has happened in the guild was that fight over Gray's laundry, and that didn't even last any longer than three minutes.

"Why're you in here?" Natsu questioned. He didn't intend on it to sound rude or anything, for he thought it came out wrong when Rogue's smile went away. However, the shadow dragon slayer folded his arms. Natsu knew that Rogue wasn't hurt; he was serious.

"Cobra has been hearing things." Natsu raised an eyebrow. Eric always hears things. It was nothing new to Natsu. Sometimes, the poison dragon slayer would eavesdrop into everyone's conversations, and it always got on people's nerves when he asked about it later.

"What kind of things?"

"Footsteps," Rogue replied. Natsu scoffed and brought his knees up to his chest before relaxing his arms on them. He couldn't believe this. They were in  a guild hall for crying out loud! There was always going to be the sound of footsteps! "You're kidding, right?"

"This may sound like a joke to you, but you'll believe him when you hear the story." Rogue paused for a long time, and stared off into space. Natsu raised an eyebrow before checking to see if anyone was home. Rogue straightened himself up and cleared his throat.

"You see, Cobra fell asleep at one of the tables last night, so everyone just decided to leave him there. He said he woke up to the sound of footsteps at around two in the morning, and he decided to see if you were up since you were the only other person in the guild hall at the time. When he looked in here, you were sleeping, and I guess he heard them all night? I don't know, he looks rough." Gray paid attention to the entire monologue. So, he supposed Eric could hear him then? Another way to get himself known. But that will only happen when he's able to get up.

"Also, he said your scarf was on the floor when he checked on you. He wanted you to know just incase you were losing your mind or something." Natsu's eyes widened at the statement. The dragon slayer didn't remember when he fell asleep, but he did go to sleep when the guild hall was practically empty. He even told Erza to tell the others not to disturb him. And if Eric could hear footsteps, then . . .

"You're telling me there's a ghost!?" Natsu hissed, grabbing Rogue's shirt collar. He shook him madly, and Rogue could not spit his words out. The fire dragon slayer began to panick. If the guild hall was haunted, then what would the master do? Find some way to get rid of the ghost? Natsu was not going to come back until the ghost was exterminated. During his train of thought, Natsu had released Rogue's collar, and the man was able to speak again.

"No you idiot! He told me he thinks it's another person. The footsteps didn't sound inhuman! There is no ghost!" Rogue explained, making Natsu scratch his rosy colored hair.

"So, a ghost-like person is roaming the guild hall?" Natsu questioned. Rogue nodded and dropped his arms to his sides before making his way to the infirmary door. "And you're being watched by it. Don't worry though, we've reported it to Makarov, and he'll do whatever he can to get rid of it."

Natsu sure hoped they could get rid of it. Gray, on the other hand, was panicking.