50

Gray had to talk to someone that would listen to him, and he needed to find them as soon as possible. He couldn't tell if Asa was using magic or just his enchantments, but he knew what he saw, and there was absolutely no reason to be vanishing into thin air like that unless something shady was going on. The ice mage attempted to push a crying Juvia off of him, and when he succeeded she collapsed to the floor, splashing water as she did so.

Gray's eyes scanned the room. He could talk to Lucy since she was so eager to hear him out earlier, but his hopes were shot down when he saw Cana forcing alcohol down both her's and Lisanna's throats. He cringed as he searched the room once more. His eyes landed on Natsu, who was shouting aggressively until he started to blow fire from his mouth. Screams escaped the exceed's mouths, and Gray felt bad for them since they somehow got themselves caught up in the guild brawl. Wendy cried out for Carla, and Gajeel grabbed Natsu by his shoulders and shook him angrily before punching him in the face.

The ice mage already knew talking to Natsu about this was a bad idea. Things between them were a bit awkward, but a part of him wanted things to go back to normal. While this case could probably mend things between them, Gray knew that the fire dragon slayer knew little to nothing about Asa. It would probably be best to talk to Erza about this. Maybe even Loke since he was glued to Lucy for a while that day.

Gray pushed himself through the water, looking for his old teammate. She wasn't that difficult to find, for she was sitting at the bar with Mirajane, and the two of them watched over the guests and their fellow guildmates. Mirajane wore her usual kind smile, but Erza was currently the exact opposite. She was fuming with anger, her cheeks bright pink with embarrassment. It was difficult for Gray to look into her eyes, for he was afraid she would turn him to dust with a single glance. When he approached them, he watched as she stood up from her seat, but Mira held her back, saying, "Calm down! They're having fun!"

"They're bringing shame onto us. This is embarrassing!" Erza exclaimed. The ice mage already knew she was talking about his guildmates, who were destroying chairs and breaking tables, but it wasn't just them. A ton of their allies were also joining in on the brawl. Gray could have sworn he saw some of the women from Mermaid Heel fighting with some of the guys from Quatro Cerberus. The chairs and tables shouldn't have been a big deal anyways, since it would give Laki something to do during her free time.

Mira was the first to spot him, her smile growing larger. "Hey, Gray! How's it going? Do you like your celebration so far?" Gray smiled back and nodded. He missed some of it because he needed to talk to Natsu, but the brawl was pretty entertaining. That was beside the point, however, because Asa was in his head.

"I'm glad to see you're keeping it cool, which is surprising. You and Natsu would be at each other's throats right now," Erza said without looking at him. Gray gulped and scratched the back of his head. He turned to look at said male, who was caught up in a fist fight with Gajeel. "We would, wouldn't we?"

Erza finally turned to look at him, her arms folded across her chest. She wasn't wearing her armor like she normally would be. She seemed less threatening and more like a regular human being. It made Gray feel more calm. "Did something happen?" Erza asked. Gray blinked a few times before biting his bottom lip and looking down at his feet. He could feel both of their gazes on him, waiting for him to share everything that happened with him and Natsu.

"It's not really serious. It's a little stupid actually. We are just really tense, that's all. It's been a while." While it was short, it was enough to satisfy both of them, all though Mirajane's eyes laid on him a little longer than Erza's. "That's not the point, anyways. I came to ask you if you knew anything about Asa besides him being able to make enchantment potions or whatever." The sword mage's eyes furrowed, and she looked back at him, standing up straighter. He could see the concern in her eyes as she thought about Gray's question.