30

"I was wandering down here alone, running on zero hours of sleep and was practically dead. I stopped to take a break and rested my eyes and . . . yeah," Natsu let out a nervous laugh as he walked ahead of the group. A flame in his hand flickered rapidly, lighting up the area around the five of them. No one was happy that the two groups had crossed each other's paths—well, Natsu and the other group. Everyone was trying to avoid a convergence, but Levy felt bad about it. Besides, it was a tunnel. Who knows where Natsu came in from?

"Well, I'm still disappointed in you," Gajeel muttered. He crossed his arms and a frown grew upon his lips. His comment made Natsu stop walking. It only took a second for Natsu to get in the other dragon slayer's face.

"It's not my fault I haven't slept since the search started! What, are you mad that I was getting my energy up!?" Natsu shoved his finger in Gajeel's chest while he spoke. Gajeel knew Natsu was already furious. There were so many things he could say that would provoke fire dragon slayer, like how he should be a water dragon slayer instead. Gajeel's face was nearly covered in his spit! Or like how it was Natsu's fault because he didn't stop for breaks to sleep! Well, maybe.

Instead of being a pain, which was his usual choice, Gajeel asked, "Did you and your group stop to take breaks?" He already knew the answer when the expression on Natsu's face changed. "I mean, they were short breaks, so I guess."

Natsu continued his hike, receiving sighs of relief from the other three, who were conversing about a different topic, like how the town would react if they did find the famous ice mage. Gajeel continued to think about it though. That was probably why Lucy and Happy went home. Natsu was running them on zero energy as well. So did he really want to find Gray that badly? The dragon slayer looked at Natsu from behind, and then he turned and excused Levy and Lily from Juvia, who was sniffing at every rock and crack in the tunnel to pick up her beloved's scent.

"I need to ask you guys something, but you can't say anything!" Gajeel whispered. Natsu's head jerked towards them, making him jump. He was fast enough, however, to make it look like he wasn't doing anything. It didn't benefit the dragon slayer, though. "Are you asking me, too?" Natsu asked.

"I wouldn't be whispering if I were!" Gajeel shouted on purpose. His voice echoed throughout the tunnel, and it took a moment for Natsu to confirm that he understood. When Gajeel spoke again, he tried to make his voice quieter. "Is it just me, or is something fishy going on with Salamander?" Levy and Pantherlily looked at each other, and then the exceed shook his head rapidly.

"He's been looking for Gray since he vanished! It's like Gray is the only thing he cares about!" Lily commented. They both looked at Levy, who face palmed. She earned confused looks from the duo, and then she looked back at Juvia, who was still minding her own business behind them. The script mage whispered, "You guys don't know yet?"

"Know what?" Gajeel and Lily asked in unison before they looked at each other with a smile. Levy rolled her eyes before saying, "Natsu likes Gray!" The dragon slayer furrowed his eyebrows before placing a hand on his chin. He stared at the short woman before saying, "I knew that." Levy sighed with relief, and they continued walking down the tunnel quietly. Lily then whispered, "Of course he likes him. They're like best friends, they have to like each other!" Levy groaned before stopping the two. She waited for Juvia to pass before she could say anything. Juvia, however, wanted to know what was going on.

"Why did you guys stop?" the curious water mage asked. Levy gave her a sad smile before saying, "I just want to keep it between us three. You should keep up with Natsu. We'll catch up!" Juvia paused before giving a concerned look. She then nodded and ran to catch up with the other dragon slayer. Levy waited until she believed they were out of hearing distance, and then she broke the news to the duo.

"Natsu doesn't just like Gray. He like likes Gray." Pantherlily was quick to process this, and his eyes widened before he nodded. However, Gajeel stood and thought about it a little longer before he lost it.
"He what!?" Gajeel shouted, this time not on purpose. His echoes stopped the two ahead of them. Natsu and Juvia turned back to face the trio, but Levy waved them off.

"You're telling me that he's a fag!?"

"We don't use that word, Gajeel! And I think he only has feelings for Gray!" Levy hissed.

"So he's a homosexual?" Lily pondered aloud. Gajeel was muttering nonsense to himself as he processed all of this information. How was he so oblivious to this!? Looking back now, he could just picture the two together. They were always fighting and picking on each other! But when they were actually talking and were best friends? Gajeel wasn't even sure about anything anymore! Levy looked at Gajeel with worried eyes before saying, "I don't know what he is."

"This explains his pink hair!" Gajeel mumbled out of nowhere. Both Levy and Lily rolled their eyes. This had nothing to do with his hair . . . Levy and Lily grabbed Gajeel's arms before dragging him to Natsu and Juvia, who were talking about the ice mage. Lily took it as a chance to ask, "How do you know?"

"Well, it's kind of obvious. He wouldn't give up on Gray even if there weren't any leads. The two were practically almost always together when Gray was visible and doing well at the guild hall, and they just have a bond like no other. Plus, Lucy told me," Levy laughed at the end. Lily nodded. It made sense, for the two girls were always gossiping to each other. They eventually bumped into Juvia and Natsu. The dragon slayer glanced at Gajeel before asking, "What happened to him?"

"He has a lot to think about right now," Levy said, all though it sounded like she was even questioning her own response. Juvia stared at her for a moment.

"Why did we stop?" Lily asked. Natsu shook his head before sighing. "We might have to part ways. It's an intersection. There is another tunnel."