Chapter One

Vote, Comment, And Fan! It Will Make Me Update A Loooot Faster(;

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was times like this that I really wish I had a boyfriend. I rolled out of bed and walked to the bathroom that was in my bedroom. I shivered as my bare feet met my cold, wooden bedroom floor. I sighed when I looked into the mirror. My body was drenched in a cold sweat and I had tear stains on my cheeks.

I had the dream again.

What I wanted right now more than anything was someone to hold me. Not my family, it could never be them, but a boyfriend. My boyfriend.

My mate.

If he was even alive.

My face crumpled as tears began to follow the trails that were already on my face.

I had to stop being so weak. Who would want to be lead by, yet alone listen to, someone as emotionally unstable as me?

I was pathetic and certainly not cut out for this.

My wolf growled at my last thought in anger and sorrow. On some level she knew that I was right so she didn't bother to be too aggressive. I chose to ignore her though as I gathered some clean clothes and walked back into my bathroom.

It took an hour of standing under the steaming hot water and breathing exercises to control my tears. But I would be okay. I always was, I always had to be.

Walking out of my bedroom I padded down the pack house stairs and got started on breakfast. I cooked breakfast for the entire pack everyday. It's not that it was my job but I always woke u really early so I figured I may as well.

I couldn't help but frown as I set the eggs, bacon, and pancakes into a huge smiley face on every single plate. I only got this sad when I had that damn dream.

I bit my lip and shook my head fervently, refusing to let myself break down and cry again.

"Hey beautiful." I jumped and looked behind me as arms wrapped around my waist.

I smiled slightly but then gave Dylan a stern look.

He rolled his bright blue eyes."I'm sorry. I meant, hey Ms. Beautiful Alpha, my bad."

I sighed and relaxed in his hold as he reached for one of the literally hundreds of plates spread out on the counters. When he tried to pull away from me to go sit and eat his breakfast I whimpered slightly.

He wasn't my mate, but with both of our mates more than likely dead, we had naturally bonded together after all of our other friends found their mates. Or found someone else they loved and mated with them, only after knowing for a fact that their natural mates were dead, of course.

He kissed my cheek and sat at one of the various bar stools surrounding the kitchen island. He looked thoughtful for a moment, tilting his head to one side as if listening for something.

"You dream about it again?" he asked lightly and started to dig into his food.

I shifted to one foot as an uncomfortable pang went through my chest.

"Yes." I nodded.

There was no point in lying to him. I knew very well that he was listening for my thoughts through the pack mind link but I didn't allow anyone access to my thoughts today. I never did when I had nightmares of that night. I would never purposely put all of my burdens and emotions on anyone in my pack. They certainly didn't deserve to have to deal with my problems.

He nodded too. "I figured as much. You look tired. We could always cancel todayif you want?"

I shook my head and smiled brightly. "No way are we canceling."