CHAPTER TWO ━ BUMBLE

𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚕 𝚕𝚒𝚏𝚎.

SHANESSA STARED AT THE CEILING WHILE HER BRAIN WORKED ON WHATEVER SHE DEEMED INTERESTING, HER BODY LAZILY SPRAWLED OUT ON THE BED. Today was her restful day, which what she deserved after a few months of filming two movies at once. Shanessa was still not sober enough after partying overnight with Tom, Zendaya and Jacob on the occasion to celebrate Shanessa's birthday, that was why her body still did not function properly to carry on her daily activities.

"How did it go?" Tom's voice blared throughout her serene room, his face joyfully filled her laptop screen.

"I just downloaded the app last night," Shanessa answered as she rubbed her eyes tiredly, attempting to stifle a yawn. "I haven't checked it yet."

"Do you use your real name and picture?"

"Hell, no." Shanessa deadpanned, grimacing inwardly every single second she recalled she had to do it. "If people find me playing a dating app, those gossip shows won't shut up about it."

And the reason Shanessa needed to do that in the first place was literally shameful as well. It all started with Jacob comparing herself with Sophie Turner — who among them both played young Jean Grey better. Surely, she chose herself even though she appeared only for a moment, and it was a total lie if she wasn't fretful when she found out Sophie was the one who would portray Jean in the new X-Men movies. However, Shanessa never confessed it out loud.

They were a bit drunk at the time when Zendaya suddenly challenged her in Truth Or Dare. If Shanessa picked Truth, she had to admit that Sophie was better than her, whereas if she picked Dare, she needed to make Hugh Jackman choose her side by commenting #teamwoodley on her Instagram post. Of course, she selected Dare, and the outcome was slightly humiliating.

"Hugh Jackman disappointed you, huh?"

"Yes! Oh my God, I thought he would choose me," Shanessa protested.

"Well, you only met him like a few minutes during the filming process," Tom pointed out. "Maybe he forgot about you."

"I was hanging around the set until filming was over, Tom," Shanessa explained. "I talked with him, Halle and Famke a lot. Plus, we still have a meet up every year."

"Or maybe because Sophie got a lot more screen time with Hugh than you?"

"Ah, I don't care! I lost the Dare anyway," Shanessa moved her hands dismissively.

Tom laughed. "Then what do you get?"

"Wait," Shanessa searched for her phone as it beeped signifying that there was a notification. You're amazing! 5 more people want to meet you, it showed. Truthfully, it was odd that people still liked her, considering she used her Halloween picture that didn't even exude Shanessa Woodley at all. Scrolling down the screen to see these people, there was one who caught Shanessa's eyes. "Oh, look, found an attractive one, mainly because his picture is with his dog. . . shirtless. Let me text him."

Tom rolled his eyes before asking, "Is that how it works? The girl texting the boy first?"

"Yes," Shanessa replied briefly as she typed two questions to the stranger. Surprisingly, it didn't take long for him to answer her questions, causing a smirk to perch on her lips reading his response. "Okay, he's only looking for a friend because he just broke up with his girlfriend and wow, he's an actor!"

"Wait, really?" Tom asked as a hand dug up a cereal box that she didn't know when he took it. "What's his name?"

This time, the response was quite time-consuming. It was like this stranger had a fight with his inner whether he had to tell his real identity or not. She certainly could understand him, hell, he currently talked to someone who completely disguised her identity. However, just as Shanessa was about to say that he didn't need to tell her what his real name was, a short reply settled on her phone screen.

Instinctively, Shanessa's eyes widened largely as she read the stranger's reply, a shocking gasp fled out of her lips. "Fuck me."

𝚝𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚛.

Ben Hardy
@benhardy0291

Just because the name of the app
is Bumble doesn't mean you have
to use the name Bumblebee 🤣

492 RETWEETS | 1.8K LIKES