Prologue

Hiraeth Series #1: Under the Same Starry Skies

-

"Ate Alisha, do you have a boyfriend or a husband?" I smiled at the patient and shook my head. "I'm too busy for that, Karl. Priority muna ni Ate Alisha na gumaling ka."

The kid's face lit up. "So, Ate, when I get well na, you'll get a boyfriend na?"

I went closer to him to pat his head as I nodded.

"Ate, I promise to get well for you to have a boyfriend and marry! My kuya-pinsan is also single. He keeps on playing games on his phone whenever I'm with him. Akala ko no'ng una, he's talking to a girl pero when I glanced at his phone, he was just playing ML pala!" He's talkative and very positive, that's why I like talking to him. Hopefully, this kid will get well soon.

"How old are you again, Karl?" I asked.

"Eight."

"You're still eight? Where did you learn about those things?"

"Ate, kasi . . . I have a friend in school and she keeps talking about her kuya's lovelife!"

"She? A girl? Crush mo siya, 'no?"

"No, Ate!" he strongly denied. "Sobrang very maarte siya and has a loud voice!"

This kid sure is conyo. He reminds me of someone. I then looked at his familiar eyes.

"And also, I love someone! She is very nice and pretty. She is intelligent but I'm too shy to confess sa kaniya. She looks scary. Para siyang boy . . . nakakatakot! When she defended me sa bullies before, I knew right then that I love her."

I laughed. "You're still young for love, Karl. The only love that you know in your age is loving your family. Love has a deeper meaning."

"Basta, Ate! I love her and I want to marry her someday . . . one day!"

I am a nurse here in the Emergency Room. This is what I wanted. Since our family isa family of nurses, I wanted to be one as well. I've been eager to achieve this goal ever since, and I won't ever regret it.

They would think that the path I took would just be fine for me. Of course, there were days where I'd have my breakdowns since nursing was never an easy path. The path I took made me lose people and meet new people.

It was never an easy journey to accomplish what I have accomplished right now, but with the support system I had I made it. At first, I nearly gave up but thankfully I had him and them to support me for me to make it here.

"Alisha, tawag ka ro'n!" Lindsay, another nurse, told me. Because of what she said, I immediately ran to Doc. Ponce and saw that there is a familiar patient. I kept hearing loud cries, then someone held my arm.

"Please save my son."

Wow, we haven't met since then. Dito ko pa talaga siya makikita? I met him again, but this time he is lying on this bed, near to death.

The guy who left me without even bidding me a goodbye.

-
After taking a long hiatus, here I am again with a story. Enjoy!

I am sorry for the grammatical errors ahead. Please bear with me.

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, events, and incidents are all fictitious . Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

Plagiarism is a crime.
Republic Act No. 8293