Epilogue

"Mommy, sandcastle!"

My mother helped me build the sandcastle. I was too young back then when I saw my mom collapse in front of me. I laughed at her. "Mommy, you're funny."

And that was the stupidest thing that I have said ever. Another girl around my age approached us with her head tilted.

"Why are you not helping your mother?" She asked and crossed her arms. How feisty. She then ran to her companions. She pointed at my mom, so I raised a brow.

They came and helped my mother. They tried to revive her but she died when we reached the hospital. I approached the girl and asked her name.

"I'm Alisha," she answered. "I don't know what to say. I'm sorry for your loss."

Her name was stuck in my head for years. I feel so grateful that she came to me and at least tried to help my mother survive. Even though she didn't, at least she tried.

I thought that that was the first and last time I'd meet her, but I saw her around the campus again. In our first year, I was with my block mates, Bridget, Fiona, and Derick. The girls walked to her car. They waved and left.

The next day, I immediately asked Bridget for the lady's name and found out that it is really her. It really was her. I was too shy to talk to her. I've been watching her from afar until that very day when I bumped into her in a bookstore.

I stepped up my game and finally got to talk to her. She was feisty. Her hair was long and her scent was so good. We kept on bumping into each other until I got to take her to the place my brother Caden and I would always go as kids.

My brother and I made a promise to each other that we will bring the woman we wanted to marry there at that place. It was childish at first, but I never knew I would really take Ali there.

I saw her eyes lit up. It was beautiful. She was beautiful. I loved how we shared the same taste in music and how we'd vibe in my car, singing, and jamming to songs.

I got a message from Reign, my former classmate. She said that she was Ali's best friend and how small the world is that I am seeing her best friend. Because she is the best friend, she would be the person I asked about Alisha, besides Bridget. I kept on asking her questions such as what food she enjoys. I told Reign that I will be meeting Ali's family. She just said that I should relax, because she talked to tita already. She might have talked good about me. Nobody knows.

When we went to their house where I met their parents, tita asked me if I was the little kid from before. She remembered me, but Ali didn't. Her mother acted as my second mom, and I am forever grateful about that.

The day I feared the most came. I got diagnosed with HCM and the doctor, who happened to be my mother's friend, said that I got it from my mom.

"Let's break up."

I don't forgive myself for breaking up with the woman I love the most. Especially for telling her that I am already tired of her when I should have told her that I will be going overseas to get cured.

When will we meet again?

It was my only, hardest breakup. It was supposed to be forever.

She was my first.

I left the Philippines. A lot of girls there tried to flirt with me, but I know that deep down in my heart, Alisha still has my whole heart. That was damn cliché. I hate it when I suddenly say something cliché.

I came back and saw her again. With the hopes of getting back together, I suddenly collapsed and I had to undergo a surgery. I thought that I would be living a life with the lady of my dreams who made my life much better. The lady I love who is heaven-sent.

Alisha has always been so understanding, so empathetic. I was always looking forward to spending the rest of my life with our family. Together, we should have conquered every obstacle in life.

She will always be that feisty lady I first loved, and until my last breath, I will never regret loving her.

She's the pain that I am willing to feel over and over again, and she's the medicine for that every pain.

And she was also my last.