The 5th Wheel

"Keith." Krolia walked over to her son.

"Yes mom?" Keith stood up from where he was sitting with Shiro.

"I need to speak with you, its urgent." She said.

Keith nodded and said goodbye to Shiro before walking away with his mom. "What is it? Is there danger?"

"It's the Galra. I've picked up radio chatter, and it's crazy out there. Everyone is fighting over who will lead now that Lotor and Haggar are gone. We need to do something about it before the cycle of destruction starts all over again."

"I understand. When can we leave?" Keith asked.

"As soon as possible." Krolia said. "I think between us and Kolivar we can get things back in order."

"Okay." Keith said. "I'll get my suit and tell everyone where we are going. Then we can go right away."

✨✨✨🌟✨✨✨🌟✨✨✨🌟✨✨✨

"What...." Lance stood there in shock at the table. Keith had called all the Paladins and Shiro to tell them where they were heading off to and why.

"I told you, I'm leaving to go restore peace to the Galra." Keith said. "I'll be back soon."

"You're leaving again?" Lance's face dropped.

"I'm not leaving." Keith argued. "This is not a debate Lance, I need to go."

"You have already left before." Lance argued. "Why do you need to leave again? We are already down one Paladin."

"Guys, calm down. Lance, I think Keith really needs to go." Hunk tried to restore peace.

"He is half Galra, and so they might listen to him." Pidge said.

"Why is this his responsibility? We need him here so we can form Voltron." Lance said. "What if something happens here."

"We can't form Voltron now. Besides, he will be back shortly, it won't be long." Shiro said.

"Oh yeah! Just like all the other times, remember that one time he was gone for two years!" Lance argued. "Recently, you left us all alone on that planet where Lotor's general pirates lured us too."

"I was trying to give you guys room to escape." Keith said.

"Yeah, like sacrificing yourself is going to do much in the long run. Did you not consider what we can't do without you? We can't form Voltron, we would loose our team leader... do you know what kind of a blow that would of done on all of us!"

"We are a team. You would of found a replacement for the black lion anyways, Shiro could taken back over, that's where he belongs anyways. I've never belonged here!! Maybe I should just stay away forever. You would like that a lot, wouldn't you? Then you could finally win at this stupid made up rivalry you have with me. But do you really think me being here does much? Lotor and Allura would still be together and you would still be in the exact place you were, a 5th wheel!"

Lance gasped, his eyes filled with hurt as he took a step back. The room went silent as the words Keith had said processed in his mind.

"Lance... I'm sorry." Keith tried. "I didn't mean to—"

"Classic Keith." Lance said softly. "Just Go Keith, and Maybe this time you should just stay away, cause you are tearing this team apart." He turned and quickly left the room.

✨✨✨🌟✨✨✨🌟✨✨✨🌟✨✨✨

Sorry for the short chapter...

Please vote, comment, give me ideas! I would appreciate it!

Thank you so much for all your support through this! Couldn't do it without you!