The Rivals

"Okay, and Red is real nice. He can have a bit of a temper sometimes but it's okay." Lance said as he walked through the red lion.

"And Red choose me?" James questioned as he followed Lance.

"Well maybe... we are going to try. You remind me of Keith a lot, and red really liked Keith. So he might take a liking to you. You are also a good pilot, and that's one of the requirements." Lance walked up into the cockpit. "Okay, now this is where all the controls are happening."

"Is that where you sit?" James questioned as he saw the spot.

"Yeah." Lance said. "Okay, So you sit down and tell me if you feel anything."

"Okay..." James sat down, looking around at all the complicated controls. "I got nothing."

"It might take a little bit." Lance said, trying to be patient. "Come on Red."

"I really don't think I'm cut out to be a paladin." James told Lance.

"No no no. Just give Red some time." Lance said.

"Why are you so desperate to replace yourself anyways?" James questioned. "Don't you love being a Paladin? All you wanted was the be a pilot when you were little, granted you were like the size of a peanut... but still you had a dream."

"Well yeah." Lance said. "I always wanted to be a pilot like Shiro." He explained. "But things are different now. I want to go home and just be with my family. I can't even look at space anymore."

"Wow you are quite heartbroken." James laughed. "Ah, heartbreak I know it all too well."

"Yeah sure. Cause you are such a lover boy. That's me, there is only room for one lover boy on this station." Lance snapped

"But aren't you leaving." James pointed out.

Lance opened his mouth but couldn't think of a comeback so he closed it. "Fine. But you don't Wow the ladies like I do."

"Eh, you may Wow most girls, but I got all the guys and the girls who can't stand you." James teased.

"What, you can't, you can't do that." Lance said.

"Why not? Bet I can get anyone on this station to kiss me over you." James smirked. "I'm less of an idiot, so more people like me."

"You know what. I don't think Red wants you as it's Paladin anymore." Lance snapped.

"Oh wait! I feel something." James seemed shocked as he started straight ahead.

Lance screamed in frustration. "Really Red!"

James laughed. "Just joking." He stood up. "Face it, once your gone, someone else will replace red. Might not be me, but they will probably do a better job then you ever did." He walked past him.

"Fine." Lance snapped. "How about we make a bet Griffin."

"What kind of bet?" James smirked.

"A kissing bet. I bet you can't get Katie Holt to kiss you, ever." Lance smirked, knowing Pidge would never kiss anyone or anything ever.

"Fine. Bet you can't kiss Nadia Rizavi." James seemed satisfied with that one.

"What her? That's disgusting." Lance snapped.

"Well if you want to give up...." James teased.

"Fine! Just you wait Griffin. I'll have her obsessed with me." Lance said

"So my challenge is to get Katie to fall for me, while your challenge is to just see if you can get close enough without screwing up." James said. "Which you can't, cause you are the dumb one."

"I'm not the dumb one." Lance said. "I'm not an idiot."

"Kinda are..." James said. "Isn't That Why Keith and I were rivals, and you and Keith were not?"

"We are rivals." Lance said. "Keith and Lance, neck and neck. Always."

"Last I remember you were more towards the bottom of the list, while it was Keith and I That were at the top." James put his hand on his hip. "Well anyways. You better clean up red, cause she will have a new Paladin shortly." He turned and left.

"He... Red is a He..." Lance whispered to himself, crossing his arms. He thought about this challenge for a while, how could he do that to Pidge, send a stupid guy like James after her. He quickly texted James. "Deal is off! I give up. You win."

✨✨✨🌟✨✨✨🌟✨✨✨🌟✨✨✨

"Attention everyone. The portal has been complete." Sam Holt announced over the speakers. "Please prepare for travel back to earth."