Chapter 14

"Would you like a refill, sir?"

His stomach didn't feel right, and he wasn't sure he should put any more coffee in it, still, Graham slid his cup toward the waitress without looking up. "Thank you," he whispered and rubbed his eyes. She poured the coffee and walked away. Graham drew his cup back to him, unaware of the person who had been standing behind the waitress until he spoke.

"Graham...O'Brien?"

Graham went still. The voice was low and quiet, masculine and...nervous. Something about it seemed familiar but he couldn't immediately place it. His stare locked on the man's waist where his white button shirt tucked into a pair of charcoal Kakis, a thin black leather belt fitted through the loops—then his eyes crawled upward, taking note of his black wool overcoat and gray wool scarf.

The man didn't move as Graham made the ascent to his face...

His heart came to a full stop so abruptly he gasped, the air stalling in his lungs. His throat worked but no words formed. The diner—the whole entire world—spun away to the far reaches of his consciousness as he was suddenly submerged in a sea of deep blue...the same sea that had nearly drowned him that morning in the terminal.

What the hell...

He couldn't breathe, and his heart didn't want to beat right. His hands curled around his coffee cup, ignoring the burning heat of the drink seeping through the ceramic. The other man stared back at him, the impact of his gaze pinning Graham to the booth seat, immobilizing his senses.

"I'm...Micah Rose." His words slipped out on a shaky breath.

Micah...

Graham's throat knotted with a rush of emotion and his vision distorted as his heart suddenly came to life and beat out of control.

Is this really happening? Is it really...him?

Graham barely held his tears in check as he fought the urge to jump out of his seat and embrace Micah—hold on for dear life.

He didn't jump up. Didn't move at all. He needed to speak—to say something—but his throat was locked up tight and he feared if he tried to talk, he would break down into an emotional mess.

Micah didn't appear uncomfortable—or surprised—by his stunned silence, and simply let Graham work through his shock—shock that wasn't present on the other man's face.

He knew who you were before he arrived.

Of course, he knew—Seth had gone to his house. And he had seen Seth in the terminal.

Seth. Graham swallowed hard, unsure if he should be furious with his little brother for letting him walk right into this unaware. But he couldn't really feel anything just yet as he tried to wrap his mind around this new reality.

Micah was the man from the airport—the man he had shared the moment with.

It wasn't stolen from you.

Graham licked his slips slowly, wetness in his eyes. Micah stared back at him, the lights in the diner glimmering off the man's own film of tears. Mutual emotion and understanding passed back and forth between them—no need for words. There was no "stranger" in Micah Rose's eyes as if they were long lost friends—lovers—who had finally found their way back to each other.

I feel like I've known him my whole life.

Graham couldn't break free of Micah's gaze as he finally regained control of his body and slowly rose from the booth. His hand trembled as he extended it to Micah. "It's...it's a pleasure to meet you, Micah."