Chapter 6

Watching this movie was just as uncomfortable as I thought it would be, if not more.

I hadn't moved an inch since it started. I was sitting at an awkward distance from Lauren, and I wasn't sure if I should make myself more comfortable or just remain as stiff as a stick figure for the entirety of the movie. I don't know why, but I was terrified of making any sudden movements.

Dinah was stretched out rather comfortably on the adjacent couch across from me while she was enjoying the movie, laughing along and quoting lines along with the intimidating green eyed girl that was just inches away from me. They were actually having a good time cracking up and doing small commentary along the way, as I sat on the sideline as if I were a vegetable looking at their ongoing interaction.

Lauren hadn't looked at me too much since the film had started and I was both relieved and at unease from not receiving the singers attention. All of those feelings soon subsided as I felt a large shift in the couch beside me.

I carefully turn my head to see Lauren a bit closer beside me, her eyes still fixated on the screen above us and she's blinking a bit more rapidly and I find her eyes glistening under the light that is being projected by the television.

Next I felt her hand intertwining with mine, as she squeezed my hand, still not taking her eyes off the screen. What the hell is she doing?

I try catching a better glimpse at her eyes, that haven't caught mine since this movie started. I finally noticed a wet trial down her slightly reddened cheek. She was crying. I then quickly turn my attention to the movie to see that we're at the part where Nemo gets taken away from his father.

Did this part really have that much of an affect on her?

I glance back at her to see her wiping away a tear from under her right eye quickly. She then sniffles a bit and scrunches her nose up a bit. I don't know why, but I suddenly feel the need to comfort her. I take the pad of my thumb and lightly rub the back of her hand, also giving it a little squeeze.

Finally getting her attention, she turns to face me for a second before looking down at our hands and looking back up at my eyes, with her widened. I can see a heavy blush creep onto her cheeks, even in almost complete darkness. She gulps and looks genuinely surprised that we are indeed holding hands right now.

"I-I'm so sorry, I didn't- I" she stutters in a whisper. "I must have just unconsciously...I just-"

"Its alright." I whisper back and shake my head. I let out a small chuckle at her flustered state and rub the back of her hand again. She raises her eyebrows slightly and then sends a nervous smile my way before turning her gaze back towards the movie, keeping our hands bound.

I smile a bit before finally focusing on the movie a bit. I take a quick look in Dinah's direction to see her knocked out, asleep. I shake my head and chuckle.

About an hour later, the movie was over. I had once again comforted Lauren when she got choked up again, with Nemo finally returning to his father.

We were still sitting in the dark and I hadn't realized just how close Lauren and I had became on this couch until the ending credits began to roll and I looked down at her. She had her head on my shoulder, whilst her other hand played with my fingers of the hand that she was still indeed holding.

How did this happen? More importantly, I kind of liked it. This was a side I definitely wasn't expecting to see from Lauren Jauregui. Not the Lauren Jauregui, the confident, fierce, seductive popstar herself. Since when does she cry over Nemo? Since when does she cuddle up to people and show an affectionate side? Maybe there really is a side of her that I don't see to clearly.