Chapter 19

"How are you hija?" He starts to slowly rise from his seat at the table.

I back away as he comes around the corner of the platform and furrow my eyebrows. He stops in his tracks noticing my resistance. I slowly place my phone on the end table by the entrance of the kitchen and look back to see a wide-eyed Dinah glancing between me and my father.

"Why are you here?" I question him harshly.

"Karla." My mom scolds me.

"It's okay honey, she's just-"

"Honey?" I raise an eyebrow and cock my head in my mom's direction. "Why is he calling you honey?" I say with disgust laced in my voice.

"Dinah, would you mind coming back later maybe-" My dad starts but I cut him off.

"No. She can stay right here. You have no right to kick someone out of this house. Its not even in your name anymore." I snap.

"Its okay Mila, text me when you get some time alright." She places a hand on my shoulder and gives me a sympathetic look. "Its nice to see you again Papa C." She smiles a tiny smile at my dad. He waves his hand and sends a smile back before she trudges out of the house.

I turned back to my parents and little sister after watching my best friend leave. For a second the air was so thick you could cut it with a knife. I stood there idle while we all watched each other. Finally my mom decided to speak up.

"Why don't you sit down dear." My mom instructed as she points to an empty chair near my father. I just scoff and shake my head, crossing my arms defensively.

"What's going on?" I ask flatly, ignoring her last instruction to me. I hear my father clear his throat, I look to him seeing that he's obviously nervous with the situation at hand.

"I'm back hija." He starts to smile. My bitter laugh makes his face fall a bit as I roll my eyes.

"Back?" I ask incredulously. "Back to what?" I harshly address him.

"I'm coming home baby girl." He steps a bit closer to me, only to stop dead in his tracks once I place a hand in the air, halting his movements.

"Don't." I say bitterly. "Home?" I laugh again. "This isn't your home. You haven't been here for 2 years, and now you're coming home? Ridiculous." I shake my head and stand on one foot.

"Hear me out hija. I know these last few years have been tough for you-"

"No! You don't know a thing!" I snap. My voice was now rising as my anger started to reach a peak of uncontrollable height. "You don't get to pretend to know I how I feel, to know how Sofi feels or even how mom feels!" I yell. "You left." I spat bitterly. "You left us ALL. We haven't heard a word from you for 2 years!" I place two fingers in the air, emphasizing my point as the tears begin to sting my eyes.

"I love you all, you know that-"

"WELL HOW THE HELL AM I SUPPOSE TO KNOW THAT WHEN I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHERE YOU ARE?! TWO DAMN YEARS I WAS ALONE. We...were alone." I finally let the tears fall freely. "You left us and you didn't look back." I choked back as many of the tears that I could before continuing.

"So don't say you're home. You have no place here. And don't you fucking tell me, you love me, love is dead to me." I say just above a whisper. "It's dead. Thanks for showing me true love." I say sarcastically before beginning to walk away from the kitchen.

"Karla Camila Cabello Estrabao!" He yells. I turn around with a glare on my face that could make anyone evaporate.

"What?" I spat.