☃️ 043!

"LUKE, WHAT ARE YOU DOING?"

Luke jumps a little and his back hits the far wall of the closet he's sat in, before he gently pushes the box back behind him while trying to look innocent.

"Nothing. Present for Ash, that's all." He shrugs, and Bryce narrows his eyes a little, clearly not believing. He's been looking for any indication of who in the band could be behind both @cravealone and all the presents for the advent calendar, and so all activity is suspicious to him.

"Sounds fake, but OK." Bryce smirks, as Luke steadily steps out of the closet (both metaphorically and literally) and lies down on his stomach in the top bunk of their tour bus. His face is directly in alignment with Bryce's, and anyone who has ever spent time near fanfic (Bryce himself for the podcast, Luke definitely not reading fics between him and Michael) knows exactly would happen next, but then Calum walks in.

And Luke watches in almost perfect horror as Bryce blushes and stares down at the floor, and the only thing going on in his mind is oh my god he likes Cal not me I've screwed up oh my god oh my god oh my god no.

"Hey, Luke." Calum says lightly, before turning to look at Bryce. "Hey, Bry. You all good? After, you know, what happened on Twitter."

Bryce nods wordlessly in return and waves his hand around as if that signifies he's fine. Somehow, Luke feels as though he's drowning a little, in that while he can still breathe, everything seems to be going on so far away. Nothing seems real. Black spots are dancing in front of his eyes, as if he's going to pass out, but then he reminds himself that he's lying down, and that it could mean nothing, and that it's all going to be OK.

His personal mantra. It'll be fine.