Part One

Awsten had a stomachache. He wasn't used to living by himself, usually if he felt bad his mother would take care of him, but his "condition" didn't make him helpless. He hated when people called him helpless.

So he left his mother's house at the ripe age of 26 much to his mother's despise and he got a cheap apartment in the suburbs of Houston.

It probably wasn't the best place to live but he liked being independent. His mother never let him out of her sight and it got old quick.

He wasn't a basket case, he was a grown man who could take care of himself perfectly fine.

Or at least he hoped he could.

-----

Awsten walked to the nearest convenience store which happened to be a Shell and picked up a Monster, he gives the man at the cash register a 5 dollar bill and mumbles a quick "keep the change".

He walks out the door and heads back to his apartment, but not before he's knocked down. His monster falls out of his hands and bursts on the cement leaving him wet and in pain.

The mystery man looks down in a panic speaking so fast awsten can't tell what he's saying.

Awstens pretty good at lip reading but if he can't see your lips or you're talking too fast or too slow he has trouble understanding.

I think it's about time I say that Awsten's deaf. Awsten could hear a bit with his hearing aid, but it gave him a headache so he usually didnt wear it

It took a lot of speech therapy for him to even talk, not that he does that often anyway.

"S-sorry" the mystery man mutters.

But awsten can't tell what he said for he head was too low. "Can't hear you." Awsten says "Deaf."

The mystery man stutters trying to figure out to do

"I can lip read. J-just look me in the eyes."

"I'm Geoff, and, and I'm sorry I pushed you down, I can buy you a new Monster if you want."

"No, it's fine I-i'll just go home"

"Oh, okay, do you want to get coffee?"

"Uhh.." awsten didn't know what to do

"So I can pay you back, for tripping you, and busting you're Monster."

"Yeah, umm, yeah" awsten didn't know what to do in these kinds of situations

"Umm here's my number,,"

"Thanks!" Geoff says
"It's a date!"