Chapter 11

Your POV

Elijah Kamski.

Fellow student back at Cambridge and number one student in my year.

When he sees me with Hank and Connor, he flinches before excusing us. I notice the three blond Chloe androids around this area. Cherry red water and dark walls.

His first intelligent android.

Founder of CyberLife.

It's why he has such luxury that the poor can't even think of. Red tiles under so it looks like blood? House in the mountains? Three androids of his choosing? I'd never think of it myself-- probably because it's a waste when I could be doing something meaningful. Perhaps the homeless population might need some fixing. That's the type of man he is-- rich and getting richer no matter which way the economy goes.

The world is going to change that.

"It's a surprise to see you here, (y/n)," he smirks while climbing out of the pool. Is the man really trying to act coy to me right now?

"Even I'm surprised," I reply, folding my arms against my chest. Hank thought that it would be a great idea for me to come along to their little trip. "What is the plan anyway?" The turning test? A lecture? A poem? All three?

"Well, how can I help you?" Kamski asks, looking at Hank.

"We are wondering if you have information about deviants," he answers the rich man.

Kamski arches an eyebrow before looking to me. His facial expression is unnoticed by the others. It's like he is wondering why did I bring them here.

"The maker doesn't tell trade secrets, does she?" Kamski asks, walking towards me.

"No," I answer. "I want to see if you'd tell them." A smirk spreads on my face. "You think that you're unpredictable but you aren't. So what's your plan Kamski? You turning test on Connor and then two different outcomes? He shoots Chloe and you tell them about deviancy? Or he doesn't and we walk away without your information that you got from the original maker? I find it funny how we play telephone with the information-- except I have the real deal."

"I always marvel at your intelligence," he lowly speaks. "It's interesting-- perhaps the disease can spread through humans."

"Perhaps the humans gave it to the Androids," I reply.

There is a minor huff before he walks over to the others, standing before them. I shadow him, a few steps behind before stopping beside Connor.

What else would be in a drawer of a lonely stand living in a lonely mansion with robots?

"Deviants-- fascinating, aren't they? Perfect beings with infinite intelligence, and now they have free will." He glances at me. "Machines are so superior to us, confrontation is inevitable. Isn't that right, (l/n)?"

"I told you so," is my response.

"Humanity's greatest achievement threatens to be its downfall. Isn't that ironic?" Kamski glances up to us as if looking to see if the children understand a poem.

"We don't have all day," I speak. "Get on with your predictable show."

Elijah Kamski is my greatest opponent in a game of chess-- yet he never keeps up. Unlike me, he is predictable; narcissistic.

"How about you Connor?" He walks towards the Android. "Who's side are you on?"

Connor is thinking. "I have no side. I was. . . Designed to stop deviants and that's what I intend to do."