Chapter 10

Connor's POV

"Why exactly do you need normal clothes?" Lieutenant asks me while browsing through the clothes section. "And why me? I don't fucking care."

"I'm hoping to take (y/n) out on a date," I explain.

"Oh?" There is a look of amusement on his face. "And what do you hope to do on this date?"

"I didn't really think of it. . . What do humans usually do? A movie and dinner?"

He laughs. . . Why is he laughing? I don't think I said anything funny.

"(Y/n) is easy in the way that you don't have to spend a lot of money, but is difficult because she likes the things that would be memorable," he tells me. "And here I thought that Androids knew everything."

-----

"Well do I have to dress fancy?" (Y/n) questions over the phone.

"Dress comfortably," I answer.

"Warm too?"

"Yes."

"Okay. Six, right?"

"Yes."

"Okay, Love you and see you then." We hang up.

I feel my pump beating rather quickly. What if this is completely horrible? What if she doesn't like the restaurant, or hates--

"So this is what it looks like when an Android is over thinking," Hank comments.

"I feel like I'm scared but I really want it," I inform him.

"That is called being nervous," he states. There is a sigh as he rolls his eyes. "I feel like I'm coaching a twelve years old boy how to impress a girl."

"Nervous?" I mutter. Strange. I suppose if (Y/n) is making me feel things, it makes sense. 

"You have nothing to worry about. You seem to make her very happy. I think you bring out the best out of that girl."

"Really?"

"Yes-- now just try on the damn clothes. This isn't how I want to spend my day."

When I'm ready, I head to (y/n)'s house.

Knocking, I wait, trying to restrain myself from doing the coin calibration. She might not like the plan. Is she expecting a lot? I might look silly.

"Hey." My focus is shifted, looking to the lady before me. She is gently smiling like usual.

She looks. . . Cute. Mind meltingly adorable with the way some (h/c) strands stray from under he hat and frames her face. She wears a loose knitted sweater the colour of cream pair with washed skinny jeans and boots. Her scarf adds a cute and cozy touch.

"You look handsome," she comments before disappearing from sight and reappearing with a canvas coat in hand.

"You look beautiful," I automatically tell her. My program can't figure out what else to say. I'm just stunned by her looks. I just. . . I want to touch her. . .

"Thank you," she beams, slipping on the coat. "Shall we get going?"

I couldn't help myself. My hand grabs both sides of her coat before giving a quick kiss. She is stunned, making me feel accomplished. I zip up her jacket and she smiles, biting her lip again. Something about her trapping her pink lips between her teeth makes me go. . . crazy.