Chapter 14

Connor's POV

There are so many intense emotions that I'm trying to process as I sit on this chair.

I'm angry because I failed to protect her. . . My creator. . . My friend. . . My love. . . She did this for me and Androids. I think there is sadness in there along with disappointment. I also feel selfish-- I wish the protest didn't happen.

I feel a light squeeze on my hand. Seeing her squeeze her eyes tighter, I'm filled with excitement. Those (e/c) eyes bring me relief and joy as she closes them again. Her head turns towards me before opening again. (Y/n) looks dazed.

"Hello," I greet her softly.

"Hey." Her voice is scratchy. "What happened?"

"You did it," I answer her. "The protest worked."

A small smile plays on her lips. "That's good." A small weak yet gleeful chuckle escapes her. "I'm guessing that you've stayed here?"

I nod.

"Not the ideal way to spend your freedom." Her eyes close again, gently squeezing my hand again, sending a spark through me like it always does.

"To see you wake, it has been worth it." When she opens her eyes, looking at me, I give her a soft smile.

"How long have I been here for?"

"Two days and a half," I stand, pressing a button to page the nurse. "You'll feel tired for a bit."

(Y/n) stares at me, (e/c) eyes half-lidded and a lazy smile on her lips. Even though her (h/c) hair is a mess and she wears a strange hospital gown, she looks beautiful.

I press a gentle kiss to her forehead for comfort. She is alive and this is very real. My fingers linger on her skin as she closes her eyes, leaning into my touch. I love the way she affects me and how I affect her. Hearing footsteps, I pull away, grasping her hand again, taking a seat. 

"Hello, Miss. (L/n). I'm nurse Kelly."

Your POV

Tears of pure joy run down my face as I smile at the beautiful scene in my house. My heart is given a squeeze of pleasure as there is a banner up, my closest friends watching me. Balloons fill the space with streamers and even Hank Anderson is holding a cake. 

"I feel like I've cried more times this year than I have my whole life." I chuckle, wiping the tears away. "Wow." 

"Ugh, that's the best you can come up with? How the hell did you lead the revolution?" Mason shouts from the back, as if I couldn't see him. 

"Okay, geez," I respond, pouting. "I never thought that I'd ever have this many people that I know in one place. As a child, I was taught to be emotionless and hold no desire because I didn't deserve anything. And then I met some pretty different people. First impact would be you, Hank Anderson. I really appreciate that sharp intuition." I walk to the man, placing the cake down on the counter before hugging him for a second. I feel him tense up before relaxing into the hug. 

"There there would be Rachel-- crazy roommate Rachel! Rachel, no matter how sweet you look and how many unicorns you kept in the room, you are crazy-- yet realistic. Even though you had doubts, you still joined me on this endeavour to free androids of human restraints. Now if you get a Rachel, you get the smart ass Mason. God, opposites must really attract because you are a mean one. You sir, was so skeptical yet head over heels for the girl that you let us trick you into joining."