Chapter 12

Your POV

It seems like all of the pieces are falling together.

CyberLife against rA9.

"Are we sure about this?" I question the two that I'm seated with.

"From a legal standpoint-- yes," Rachel confirms. "I can't believe that this is happening. Another crazy idea (y/n)."

"I can't believe that they call us rA9," Mason speaks. "What do you think the meaning behind it is?"

"Don't know," I reply.

We stand in a private room of their apartment, eyes glancing at the plan. Boxes are checked off and there are very little left to accomplish.

"You're crazy, but you did it. . ." Mason glances to me. "I can't believe you sucked me into this."

"You can thank your fiancee for that," I respond. "Three thousand people is a lot."

"Thank God that you found Carl's Android-- very talented for an artist," Rachel beams. Yeah, those fliers were pretty impactful. "Not to mention some very dedicated Generation Z."

There is a harmonious hum from the three of us as we look back to the board. After a few more seconds, we all nod.

"So did you manage to get a station? For broadcasting?"

"Girl, please," Mason stares at me. "There are fifteen stations that want to interview me and whatever shenanigans I'm involved in." Pros of being a rich person.

"So how are things going with you and Connor?" Rachel changes the topic.

I smile just hearing his name. "Good," I answer. "We went on a date on Friday."

"You haven't been on one of those before," Mason comments. I can tell by the gleam in his eyes, he is hoping to playfully irritate me. 

"Oh? I have. Your brother asked me out once," is an absent-minded response as I shuffle my clothes around again. "So ready for your wedding?"

"Ye-- wait, what?" The man questions.

"It sounds like he's second-guessing himself," I murmur, earning a giggle from my friend.

"We've been busy but it's all ready now. Thanks again for helping us write invitations. It's difficult to find people with neat writing now in days," she says with a smile.

"Absolutely no problem. I needed a break from work anyways."

"You dated my brother?" Mason questions out loud, a rare look of shock on his face.

"It was one date and man did he go all out. . ."

"Not your style?"

"Pfft." I look to the two, arching an eyebrow. "You both know what's my style."

We all laugh before leaving the room. Rachel places her hand on the frame and the door disappears.

"I still can't believe you made this," Rachel speaks, looking amazed. "I feel like I have done nothing compared to you."

"Woman," I state firmly. "Pretty face and talker of the group. You don't get far in this world without it."

"Smooth mother fucker."

I wink before grabbing my bag. "Are you two ready for this?"

"We've already packed," Manson answers me. With a nod, I pull on my coat.

"See you both tomorrow at Jericho."

Connor's POV