24

Nathan

It's true when they say life has a way of punishing you after all the wrong you've done. In my mind, I believe I was put in this position for a reason. Shit could be way worse than what it already is now and now that I have come to this point, I have no choice but to deal with the choices I've made. It's heartbreaking to say that not only have I let myself down but I've let my family down as well. After witnessing the mother of my daughter go through so much shit till seeing how broken she was earlier, I knew there was no coming back from that. My mind was all over the place just not being there for her right now. Anything could go wrong with her or the baby and I just prayed that God protect both my babies. I swear this shit was eating my ass up thinking anything could possibly happen and not being able to be there with her at the hospital. I knew I was indeed being punished for everything.

Everything just happened so fast that night and still, I don't know what exactly am I in this bitch for. Polices just raided the spot yelling my name, then next thing I know I was forced to the ground by three cops while one of them read me my rights. Not only was that shit wrong but it was also embarrassing to go through that at my woman Grand Opening in front of all those people. And the worse thing that killed it all, my son being in the middle of all that shit man.

*

(24 Hours Earlier)

The sun beamed through the window as I squinted my eyes, yawning and looking over to see that Misty was up. After stretching and checking my phone, replying back to messages I went to take a piss, washed my hands, my face and brushed my teeth then made my way downstairs. Today was my baby girl day and I knew the reason she was up so early was because of today.

"Misty" I called out

"In here!"

Walking into the kitchen, I spotted both Amir and her fat ass eating cereal. After greeting my son with a kiss, I stood behind her, rubbing on her belly kissing her on the cheek.

"Good morning, beautiful"

"Hey" she spoke with dryness in her voice as I sighed.

"What I do now?"

"Why you came in late last night? Yo ass better be lucky everyone wasn't there before you" she rolled her eyes as I chuckled

"Quit cursing man" I spoke pointing to Amir.

Sighing turning her towards me, I looked her in her eyes as she looked me in mines waiting for a answer.

"Before you get all crazy on me, I went and had a meeting with the guys, letting them know that I was done. I'm done baby, for good. I have way more problems to focus on than the streets. I'm getting older and have two kids that are going to be looking up to me" I spoke looking at Amir and caressing her belly. "I promised y'all my all and the world, and baby I'm damn sure going to give it to you. I love you" I smiled bringing her lips to mine as she smiled

"I've been waiting so long to hear this. I love you too baby" she smiled as I picked Amir up as we shared a family hug.

"So, now that we had our little moment. I have something for you" I said as her eyes got wide.

"Baby you know I don't like surprises-

"Close your eyes-

"Baby noooo, just-

"Close your eyes woman"

"Fine"

I reached into my gym shorts pocket, pulling out this small red box placing it on the counter.