26

Misty

Marlee Gabrielle Kincaid - Born April 4th 2019, 4 pounds and 7 ounces at 4:11 pm.

Staring at this ring, deeply in thought here I laid in this hospital bed, thinking of how fast everything changed within a blink of a eye. Just three days ago, I was having my grand opening having the best night of my life. Now here I am  in this hospital after giving birth to our daughter, who's literally fighting for her life. Never in a million years I pictured my first born child having to go through this alone as a new born. I was broken, broken that our daughter was going through something so painful, and broken on how Nate lied for the millionth time. It's like everytime something goes good for us, we get knocked back down to square fucking one. And honestly I just want to give up but I know it wouldn't be the right thing to do, not when I know our daughter is going to need all the support she can get. It's just me and her and I'm here every step of the way for her.

"Baby girl, you can't keep scaring us like this" Daddy broke the silence and all I could see on his face was tiredness and guilt.

"It's ok-

"No it's not. No it's not Misty" he shedded a tear. "It-its all my fault for not teaching my baby girl about what weight comes with this lifestyle, and-and I'm sorry. I'm sorry that you are going through this. I'm sorry that my granddaughter has to go through this" he spoke as tears fell down my face.

"It's not your fault daddy. I chose this life, I chose to be in love with a man who loves the streets more than his family" I admitted wiping my tears as he nodded grabbing my hand.

"One thing I can say about Nathan, is that he really loves you. And I know you love him but you have to trust him that he wanted to get away from this" he spoke wiping my remaining tears away.

Sighing. "I just never really sat down and thought about how much came with being in love"

A knock appeared on the door revealing my doctor.

"Hey sweetie, how are you doing?" Dr. Valdez asked, then greeted my father. I gave her a half smile shrugging.

"Not so good Doc, I just gave birth to my preemie baby and on top of that I haven't seen nor held my own daughter" I spoke as tears blurred my vision.

"I see a lot of mother's go through this and I can say you are a strong woman. Most would of been gave up. But I have good news and bad news to share with you. Which one you would like first?" She asked making me sigh.

"Hit me with the bad news"

"Well since baby Marlee was a preemie, she has breathing problems meaning she may develop respiratory distress syndrome because her lungs are not contracting normally but no worries we have her on a tube to help with that. Also she had bleeding in the brain, which is known as a hemorrhage but with this little one I think this will be short-term-

I just held up my hand as the tears threatened to fall but I wouldn't let them. Hearing this was just too much to take in and all I wanted to do was hold her and take her pain away.

"I'm sorry, this is just a little too much for her little body and I just can't see how a baby can survive all this" I said shaking my head as daddy caressed my shoulder.

"Trust me, you would be amazed on how these precious angels can survive through something so painful love. But good news is, they have assured me that you can see your baby girl" she said as a huge smile crepted up onto my face.

"Ready?"

"Am I ready, yes" I nodded quickly but carefully getting out the bed with the help of my dad.

Once walking down the hall passing a couple of rooms, I spotted Chantelle standing there with open arms as I ran into them.

"Hey baby girl"

"I don't know why but, I'm nervous" I admitted sighing, rubbing both hands together.

"That's normal sweetie. But, you will be fine. You all can go in" Doc said as I stepped in spotting my daughter.

It just replayed everything all over again as I walked up to the incubator, tears instantly starting running down my face. Just seeing how small precious she was and all these things attached to her was heartbreaking. I wanted to hold her and take all this pain away from her. Nate not being here for the birth of his first daughter, I knew broke him. Hell, it broke us both. I guess not everything you plan goes as planned. Putting a hand through one of the holes on the incubator, I placed my index finger into her little palm and once her small hand wrapped around my finger, I knew then that she knew we needed her to fight.

________

Nathan

"Kincaid, you have a visitor" the CO yelled as I stood while he cuffed me and opened the cell.

"Been waiting to catch yo ass, boy" he spoke smirking as I flexed my jaws, with balled fists. He looked down and scoffed.

"You out of all people know not to do nothing stupid" he licked his lips as I scoffed thinking to myself this bitch ass nigga was my least worry.

Soon making it to the visitors room, I spotted Tunchie as he stood with open arms and a huge ass smile on his face.

"My G, what's up baby" he pulled me into a hug as I smirked shaking my head.

"Wad'up bruh" we both sat.

"I mean shit, I'm good. What about you tho" he asked as I looked around at all these people visiting their loved one.

This shit was sad man, but I've made my bed now I got to lay in it.

"You know me T, uma' be straight. Just waiting to hear back from this fucking lawyer man"

Tunchie nodded. "Say look bruh, word on street people talking out they necks saying they know who gave you up" he looked me in my eyes being serious as ever as I squinted, confused.

"Fuck you saying? A nigga ratted me out" I spoke whispering, with my jaws flexing.

"They say who?" I asked

"Naw, but best believe uma' find out. You got my word on that brother" he said as we daped each other.

"But they did say this cat roll with us and that he been running round parading like he did sum" he cleared his throat. "Just say the word and I'll handle it" I then looked to him and gave him that look.

"Naw, hell naw T. It's bad enough I'm in here. Plus, it's best if you lay low dawg and let that nigga get comfortable. I handle it when I get out" I nodded with my mind now racing.

"Bet"

"So you do that favor I asked"

"You know I did man, homegirl been working herself a lot. I mean my girl say she just up and got back to working like ain't shit happen" he said as I sigh shaking my head.

"It's been almost three weeks now and I haven't heard from her nor any update on baby girl man" I spoke rubbing over my beard.

"You of all people should know I know how this shit feels, but all you can do is give your lady time man. She'll come see yo egg head ass soon" he spoke, joking afterwards breaking the sappy ass moment.

"Fuck you bruh"

"But aye, I Know we only got a few minutes left so uma' gone get out of here dawg. But aye, I got'chu nigga" he stood giving me a hug as I nodded.

"Stay up, and remember lay low till I can deal with this cat. I want him to get real comfortable"

"Say less big dawg. See you after while"

"Bet"