28

Misty

"This little girl is a fighter, she's been progressing very well" the doc mentioned as excitement was written all over my face.

My baby has indeed been doing great. She was finally able to get off that tube and eat on her own and lucky today was the day I would be holding and feeding her myself for the first time. I was too anxious to just have her precious little body in my hands.

"Words can't even explain how happy I am to hear those words, she's very much a fighter" I smiled as doctor Jane carefully picked up her little body.

"First I'm going to have you place her on your chest that way she can stay warm and attach to her mother's presence" she said placing her carefully onto my chest.

Oh my gosh I was so damn emotional as tears started to come. I was literally holding my baby girl for the first time and it felt so amazing. Everything started running through my head as I just watched how peaceful she slept on my chest. She was so perfect in my eyes. Head full of curls like her daddy, button nose, and nice size lips like her daddy. I could see him in her already.

"I'm sorry" I laughed wiping my tears

"No need to apologise sweetheart, I can just imagine the feeling you have right now" she smiled making a bottle for Marlee to eat.

"So right now when feeding her, we're going to swaddle her so she can stay warm and comfortable" she said showing me how to swaddle her correctly as I paid close attention.

She placed her back in my arms as she started to become fussy because I could tell she was hungry and getting really irritated. I placed the bottle in her mouth as she latched on perfectly.

"Great, she latched on nice" Doctor Jane nodded

Baby girl was hungry, she was killing this bottle.

"Okay so I'm going to leave you two alone so she can get attached to her mother more and so that you can get adjusted to everything. I will be back to check in on you two soon" she stated with a smile as I nodded.

"Okay thank you!"

"No problem love"

The lights were dimmed in the room because I was told bright light hurt her eyes when she is this small.

"Hi mama, hi" I spoke excitedly as she opened and closed her eyes and tears were starting to form again.

"You are my world baby girl. I promise to always love and protect you" I sniffed after placing a soft kiss on her cute little button nose. Taking a break from her bottle, she smirk as I laughed because this little girl was for sure her daddy's twin.

My whole day was completely spent with my daughter and learning the things I could do to improve her health. Sadly, later after having a mother and daughter bonding day, I had left and it was the hardest thing a mother could ever do but I knew I would be visiting tomorrow as well.

"Hellooo, anyone home!?" I yelled walking into my parents crib

"We're in the kitchen!" I heard Chantelle yell

Soon as I entered the kitchen I was greeted with the twins, Chantelle and my dad.

"What's up baby girl" daddy greeted playfully mushing my head

"Happy" I grinned thinking on the amazing day I shared with my babygirl.

"How was the visit with my granddaughter?" Daddy asked

"It went so perfect, when it was time to leave I literally cried" I chuckled shaking my head

"Aww, ain't nothing wrong with that. Of course you would, that's your flesh and blood" Chantelle said as I nodded