9 - Best fan ever ?

During the ride, Violet scanned through a few more messages. After the disaster of the day, she needed something to crank up her confidence, something soothing for her defeated soul. It didn’t take long. Amongst the hate and I-sue-you emails, she found this message from a user called GearedTowardsViolet. He, and judging by the voice of the message, it must have been a ‘he’, wrote :

Violet. You don’t know me, but I know you, at least that’s how it feels for me. For the past three and a half years I’ve been a subscriber to your channel. I enjoy your personality, as well as your edutaining rants about techwear fashion and creation. I don’t have much light in my life these days, but whenever I see a new video from you in my stream, my heart bumps harder. Butterflies rocked out of my stomach and my fingers shiver as they hover over the ‘luv’ button. 

You’re one of the few shines that make my existence worthwhile. 

And it pains me to see that a lot of people out there don’t appreciate you. 

I just saw your latest fashion show and cringed when the model blamed you for her inability to carry your techwear. Believe me, if I was there with you, I would have smacked some serious sense into her. She had no, no, no right to treat you like that, it was disgusting.

Please don’t let this day destroy your passion. You’re a bright light illuminating an ocean of mediocrity. It’s filled with sharks and deep sea fishes that want to take a bite at you, but don’t let them. Bite back. Twice as hard if you have to.

P.S.

I’ve attached the screenshot of a thousand credit donation I made to you. I know it isn’t much, but I’m in a tight financial situation myself, and that’s all I can spare.

P.S.S. 

You are incredible, the way you are. Incredible with capital I.

P.S.S.S. 

I will watch all of your upcoming videos and ‘luv’ them all. I will personally start a witch hunt against everyone who dares to bring you down. Our kind has to stick together.

Violet paused to let the words from GearedTowardsViolet settle. Although she appreciated the fan support from GearedTowardsViolet, the tone of the message put her off. There was an underlying flavor that didn’t please her. Maybe the commitment to comment-crush her enemies ? She wouldn’t mind a witch hunt against that model. In a way, she asked for it. Making a fuzz out of a buzz. Grrrr. Violet turned back to her inbox and saw the confirmation mail. Indeed, she received a thousand credit donation from GearedTowardsViolet. She remembered having a support button on her website, but so far, no one had ever used it, except for this guy. Wow, talking about true fan engagement. It was good to see she had peeps on her side, peeps who rooted for her. And with the soothing sound of the electric car riding at sixty-five kilometers, she closed her eyes and dreamed of a Violet world.