14 - Let's see what happens

Bam checked out the personal video message on the official Blogbuster site featuring Mr. Roman Stax himself. He clicked on the link and saw a guy with sugar-white teeth, and his thick, jet-black combed hair. Not to mention his movie-material face plus a body shape women melted for.

Let’s see what the dude had to say.

“Hello there, if you clicked on this video link, you were attracted either by my impeccable looks or the Blogbuster offer, which is frankly off da hook. So, anyways. Yes, it’s true, I’m looking for an extraordinary vlogger to become my Head of Online Content. And when I say extraordinary, I mean x-traordinary. Spot the X. I’m looking for eight vloggers. So competition is tighter than…well, let’s not get dirty so soon.”

Bam sighed. The intro looked like a cheesy sales vid from the old Internet marketing days. But he kept watching, because Stax was just about to get to the good stuff.

“So, what am I looking for ? You should read the requirement section on the link above for the full details, but personally, I want video bloggers with endless fire inside. I want go-getters who brim with personality and creativity. Peeps who make stuff happen instead of talking about it. The world doesn’t need another wannabe couchgrinder with zero zest. The world needs people on fire, like you.”

He aimed his finger towards the camera, meaning, he pointed towards the viewer. In this case, Bam himself.

He felt the connection. Personality ? Check. Endless fire inside ? Check. Bam grinned. He fulfilled all of these requirements. He would be the best candidate for the show.

But did he want to participate ? Bam clicked the video away and held still. Roman Stax owned the personality of a toothpaste with excessive mint flavor, but his Blogbuster offer was too impressive. Especially when moneytime was running out.

Bam loaded up his hospital bill on his eScroll again, zoomed in closer on the six figure sum. Just black ink on white background, and yet it sent a volley of spikes through his intestines.

To Blogbuster, or not to Blogbuster, that was the question. 

But with so much minus in the bank, it was a no-brainer, really. Bam moved forward and filled out the forms, sent his video links and leaned back again.

“Let’s see what happens.”