три (3)

I don't know what came over me, but I leapt over the counter and grabbed the man by his shirt collar.

"What's that name say?" I growled.

"Y-y-y-you're h-him! T-the assassin!"

"Thanks for the life summary," I pinned him against the wall. "What's the name say?"

"It says ____"

I strained my ears to hear what he was saying. Cmon. Cmon, I just need the name.

"Say it backwards!" I demanded.

The man looked at me. "B-Barnes. ___"

I slammed him into the wall, knocking him out. At least I got a last name. I grabbed the poster off the wall and shoved it into my pocket before taking my items and going out of the store.

How many more Wanted posters were there of me in this damn city? For hells sake, I could have civilians following me and trying to arrest me. Too bad, because if those dumbass people exist, they're gonna have a bad day.

I hailed a taxi and asked to be taken to the nearest airport. I'd fly somewhere, or something like that. The steps were almost like a traditional dance, except I was the only one participating.

I went to go and purchase a ticket for a later flight. My handlers would find out I was fleeing. It was inevitable.

As I made my way to the gate, an announcement came over the PA system. "Attention all passengers and costumers, do not be alarmed. The wanted assassin, ____ Barnes has been spotted on the grounds. Please vacate the premises in an orderly fashion.

I held my head. It was shrieking with pain. Falcon, dammit. He knew I would be going here.

As people were making their way towards the exits, they would see my face. I stood perfectly still in the middle of it all. People went left, right, diagonal, up, and down just to avoid me.

Like any of them were worth my time.

I bet the bird-brain thought he was gettin the upper hand on me, seeing as I have no noticeable weapons and I dropped my pack when the agent was chasing me. I walked out of the building slowly, getting ready to unleash the concealed gun that I carried in my pocket.

As I stepped into the parking lot, I was greeted by the falcon, decked out in his fancy tech. I've ripped off his wings once, I'll do it again.

"Snow," he greeted as he landed on the ground. "Let's not let the police get involved. I just want to take you to the avengers compound..."

I didn't say anything. I took off my winter jacket, letting my metal arm glisten in the sun. Asses the situation.

Chances of me winning?
About 87%

Any possibility of any other super showing up?
Yes

Any strong ones?
Most likely not.

"Cmon, Barnes. Just come quietly."

"I don't know who that is." I swiftly pulled out my concealed handgun and fired shots at him.

He saw it coming and flew into the air, spinning as he went up. I scoffed. That was dramatic and extra. I went to shoot at him again when I heard somebody sneaking up behind me.

Captain America. I went to throw a punch but he wasn't wearing a mask. My punch stopped short as my head started to spin.

I screamed out in pain and sunk to the floor, holding my head tightly. All of the scenes swirled together.

I was trapped in a room, reciting my name. My name. What the hell is my name? He came for me. Captain America. He rescued me. I rescued him.

We ran around the city, trying to get into the store on time.

I had talked him up to a girl, saying he was a real fighter and would be a good boyfriend. I didn't lie.

James.

I screamed.

Barnes.

I punched the pavement with my left hand. A hole was left in the ground.

"Cmon, Steve!" I called. "The waters not that cold!"

The puny kid on the shoreline stared at me nervously. "Cold?"

I shook my head. "Not cold enough for you to get sick!"

I watched as the boy slowly lowered himself into the water. He gradually got more used to it, but refused to put his head underneath. I grabbed the smaller boy by the waist and flung him underwater.

He flailed against me. I quickly lifted him back up and smiled cockily at him. I was rewarded with a splash in the face.

I felt a hand on my shoulder. It was kind, and caring. It guided me somewhere. I squeezed my head tighter.

The small boy was laying awake next to me in bed. I turned over and looked at him.

"What's wrong?"

The boy sighed. He looked tired. More tired than usual. "My mom would've expected more."

I shook my head and gently grabbed the boy's shoulder. "She would be proud of you just the way you are! Look at you, trying to pick fights with guys twice your size, claiming it's justice!"

The memory faded away. It was replaced with a new, more painful one.

I clutched the letter in my hands. I was being drafted into the war. I punched my bed and cried. I had people that couldn't take care of themselves.

Steve. That's the kid. That's captain America.

I had to take care of him. He couldn't go running off by himself. He was tiny. I ripped the letter in half and threw it in the trash. As I tried to get a grip on what was happening, I heard a voice from behind me.

"What's wrong, Bucky?"