Chapter 1- The Reaping

Welcome to my second book! Make sure you've read Warrior Cats Hunger Games before you start this one, or I can assure, you'll be very confused. Anyway, enjoy, and remember to tell me what you think in the comments!

(Dovewing's POV)

"Welcome to this year's Hunger Games reaping!" Tigerstar yowled as the noise of excitedly chatting cats died down. "The first thing you should know is that we have added rules this year. Hawkfrost?" The dark brown tabby stepped back to let his son jump into the spotlight of the moon above.

Dovewing shuddered as the pale moonlight caught Hawkfrost's blue eyes and made them shine coldly. She pressed close to her sister, Ivypool, her heart beating. It was finally time for Ivypool to return to the arena. Her freedom was over, and in return of the tributes lives she had promised to enter the Hunger Games next year. This was next year. It was time.

"Number one: we will only let in warriors this time. That means no medicine cats, leaders, queens, elders, kits, or apprentices." Hawkfrost declared. The clearing burst into relieved sighs and meows of approval. "Secondly: this year there are only five leaf packages instead of ten." He smirked, and waited for the groans to stop. "Thirdly: there is no volunteering of any kind allowed. If your name is drawn, you're in; no way out." Hawkfrost backed off into the shadows as Tigerstar rose to his paws and lashed his tail to silence the howls of protest.

"And," he declared, "finally, as you all know, Ivypool was last years Hunger Games winner. She volunteered to rejoin this year, in return of all the dead tributes being allowed to return safely to their clans. Ivypool, come up here."

Dovewing gave her sister an encouraging nudge and licked her cheek.

"You'll be ok!" She whispered, watching in concern as Ivypool sprang up onto the stone stage. She envied her sisters confidence. Dovewing tried to persuade herself that Ivypool would make it, but she knew she didn't really have a chance. This year was much harsher.

"Let's make this quick and snappy, shall we? Mapleshade will draw out the names of ShadowClan first!" Tigerstar sat down as the evil tortoiseshell she-cat dipped her paw into the hole.

"The toms are- Cedarheart, Flintfang and Redwillow." She called across the crowd of cats. The three toms leapt up and took a seat, and all eyes were soon on her again. "The she-cats are- Kinkfur, Olivenose and Tawnypelt." Three more cats sat down next to the toms.

"The RiverClan toms are... Timberfur, Sparrowfeather and Nettlepad. And the she-cats are Reedshine, Petalfur and Ottersplash." Mapleshade waited for the six RiverClan cats to settle down, them went on. "And... the WindClan toms are: Acorntail, Deadfoot and Redclaw. The she-cats are- Furzepelt, Greypool and Heathertail!" She nodded to the WindClan cats before carrying on.

"And lastly, the ThunderClan toms are... Berrynose, Foxleap and Dustpelt. And the she-cats are- Ivypool, of course, Hollyleaf," she hesitated for dramatic effect, "and Dovewing!"

Dovewing gasped and froze. She couldn't believe it. She staggered to her feet and struggled to remain calm as she paced across the stage. Cheers rang in her ears and the bright moonlight blinded her. It seemed to take forever until Dovewing finally took a seat next to a shocked Ivypool.

"Well, this is interesting. Two sisters are going to try kill each other in the arena? I wonder who'll win?" Tigerstar smirked, eyeing the she-cats with a satisfied glint in his eye. Hawkfrost had an evil grin plastered on his face.

"Okay, I will now tell you all one thing the tributes should know," Tigerstar held his head high. "This year will be ten times harder. We're adding dogs, monsters, poison, and other dangers. Of course, the dogs and monsters are not real; only controlled by us. But they are still as dangerous and powerful as real ones, and they CAN kill you!" Gasps of horror and surprise from the crowd made Dovewing's stomach knot even tighter. Monsters? Dogs? Poison? She would never survive this! She swallowed down a terrified wail and tried to look confident as Tigerstar instructed the clans to return home. Hawkfrost, like usual, was the one to lead the tributes to their caves.

"I can't believe you're in!" Ivypool whispered, her eyes wide with shock. Dovewing shook her head. "Me either," she murmured, "but there's nothing we can do, apart from you helping me out here! You've got experience, I haven't. Help me!"

"I will, Dovewing!" Tears crept into her sisters eyes as she and the rest of the ThunderClan cats were locked into their caves. Dovewing peered around. This wasn't the nicest place to stay. But it was only three nights, and besides, Dovewing had much more to worry about than a dump of a sleeping area. She tried to glance out of the small hole above her, only to catch a glimpse of a starry night sky. It was past moon-high. If she wanted to make a good impression tomorrow at the demonstrating, she'd have to get a lot of sleep.

"Before we do anything- I hate to be enemies with you five! I don't want to kill you." Hollyleaf's green eyes swept over Foxleap, Dustpelt, Berrynose and the sisters.

"Me either." Foxleap agreed, and he twitched his tail sadly as the other two toms settled down onto the damp, cold ground awkwardly. Dovewing and Ivypool forced a nod, then Hollyleaf suggested that they should go to sleep. Not needing another invitation, Dovewing curled up on the icy, wet, hard floor.

It wasn't long until the dimly lit cave was filled with gentle breathing of the sleeping cats. Dovewing shuddered, trying to ignore the cold dampness soaking into her fur. Her eyelids felt as heavy as rocks, and she finally drifted off to sleep.