Chapter 6

Foxleap's POV
A soft breeze ruffled the scruff of silver-grey fur beside Foxleap. The ginger warrior hadn't managed to get an eye shut after what had happened. After finally helping Dovewing get to sleep, he had stayed awake for hours, scanning the dark shadows pooled on the leafy ground outside the old monster for any signs of danger. Shuddering, he couldn't help replaying the terrible accident with the yellow creature. He couldn't get Ivypool's screech of agony as the huge black paws crushed the life out of her out of his mind. This wasn't supposed to happen! Ivypool wasn't supposed to die like this! He had never, ever felt as hopeless and alone before. These Hunger Games were very different from what he had seen on screen in the lake. Although the number of days that had past were unknown to him, he knew more than three quarters of the tributes were dead. No cat had attacked them so far. That was weird. Only dogs and monsters.
Suddenly something stirred behind him in the corner of his eye, pulling him out of his thoughts. Pricking his ears in alarm, Foxleap shot a glance at Hollyleaf. Her flank was rising peacefully. Then her black head slowly lifted and her bright green eyes flickered open, shining on the dark.
"Hollyleaf!" He cried joyfully. "You're awake at last!" Behind him, Dovewing's head had snapped up.
"How are you feeling? Are you ok?" She questioned, worry filling her eyes.
"I-I I can't... Where--" Hollyleaf staggered to her paws.
"What?" Foxleap asked. She must be confused.
"I... Had a-a dream... F-from StarClan..."
"Hollyleaf, have a rest. The dog must've hit your head hard!" Dovewing said gently.
"No! I can't- I saw... Who..."
"Hollyleaf-"
"Spottedleaf!" Hollyleaf blurted out, trembling. Her green eyes were wide.
Foxleap's neck fur bristled. What's wrong with her? Is she going crazy? Panicked questions buzzed in Foxleap's head.
"No, Hollyleaf. There is no StarClan. Spottedleaf is dead. Forever." Dovewing murmured.
"Please! Y-You have to believe me!" Hollyleaf begged. Her voice shook with fear. "She told me something!"
"No, she didn't. You're confused." The grey-silver she-cat padded over, touching her tail tip to Hollyleaf's shoulder. "Get back to sleep. You'll feel better in the morning."
"No, please!" Tears rose in the black cats eyes. "You have to listen! Listen to me! She told me-"
"Stop! Settle down and rest!" Foxleap told her, rushing to her side. He gently pressed her down. Hollyleaf sure was upset. The dogs paw must've really messed with her head. After so many years, how could Hollyleaf think of Spottedleaf? The ancient medicine cat was dead.
"Ignore her. She'll fall asleep soon, and then she'll feel better." But Dovewing sounded as if she was trying to convince herself more than Foxleap. But he nodded and settled down next to her. His jaws parted into a huge yawn, and he realised how heavy his eyelids were. It wasn't long until he finally let a wave of sleep wash over him and carry him into a deep, restless slumber.

Dovewing's POV
Pale moonlight flooded Dovewing's eyes as she slowly forced them open. The air around her was filled with strange whispers and scents. Thick mist clung onto a soft, cool breeze. Dovewing's heart pounded, realising her body felt like it was floating; as if she were a ghost.
"Dovewing..." A whisper louder than the others echoed through the tall, shadowy line of trees. "Dovewing..."
Fear and confusion took over her brain. Her head flung from side to side, eyes wide. This must be a Dark Forest illusion. Some evil cat is going to leap out any moment! Praying that she was wrong, Dovewing crouched close to the moist grass below her and pricked her ears. She'd gotten used to not having hearing powers, but the silence was deafening. "W-Who's there?" She choked out, scolding herself for sounding like a scared little kit.
"Don't worry, young one." The voice sounded again, this time louder.
Dovewing forced her fur to lie flat and tried to sound confident. "Who are you? Show yourself!' She demanded, letting her claws slide out. But she quickly sheathed them when the sleek figure cat slithered out into the opening. Dovewing spluttered out a hoarse cry of surprise.
"Spottedleaf?" She stammered. "This isn't you. This is a trick!" Dovewing squeezed her eyes shut, wishing she were back home in ThunderClan camp. This isn't happening!
"Yes, it's me. But we mustn't waste time, I've got to tell you something!" The small tortoise she-cat replied, her voice soft like silk. "Look," she said, dabbing a paw into a late puddle in between them. The silver, moonlit water rippled, and an image began to form. Dovewing squinted hard. Then she noticed ShadowClan, WindClan, RiverClan and ThunderClan territory.
"The clans map!" She gasped. "But... why are you showing me this?"
"You are there." Spottedleaf's dappled tail hovered over a small clearing near ThunderClan terrify. "Not far..." her voice trailed off and her green eyes were focused in Dovewing again.
"I don't understand!" Dovewing wailed, confusion whirling around her like a snowstorm.
"You must travel where the moon meets water." Spottedleaf declared sombrely. Her gaze was fixed straight ahead.
"What? I don't understand!"
But the ancient medicine cat was beginning to fade. With a flicker, she disappeared completely.
Already, she felt a strong tug pulling her out of her dream, back into the real world. Back into the Hunger Games.
Dovewing awoke with a gasp, her head shooting up. Spottedleaf's voice rang in her ears: You must travel where the moon meets water.
She desperately scanned their makeshift den, only to find Hollyleaf's nest empty, her stale scent still barely lingering in the air.
Hollyleaf was gone.

This is possibly the last chapter of 2014. MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR!