Chapter 8

Foxleap's POV
Foxleap's heart lurched. Surprised, he spun around. But before he could see anything, the cat hurtled at him, claws gleaming.
"No!" Dovewing's voice shrieked behind him. He felt sharp claws raking down his chest, opening up deep wounds. He screeched and pummelled weakly at the cats belly.
"I hope you weren't getting convinced that you could actually visit StarClan here," a she-cats voice snarled in his ear. Foxleap's heart pounded as he struggled out of the she-cats grip. Suddenly, her weight vanished. With a screech, Dovewing and the she-cat wrestled on the floor. Gasping for air, Foxleap dragged himself toward the shimmering water of the Moonpool. Blood leaked from his mouth. He glanced back at Dovewing and... Mapleshade! He had recognised her from the reaping. All their hopes were destroyed! Mapleshade would never let them escape now. Suddenly, the ball of fur crashed into him.
"Oof!" He lost his balance and rolled with Dovewing and Mapleshade on the ground. Mapleshade's paw struck his shoulder, tearing open his pelt. With a yowl, Foxleap pulled away. But then he felt himself balancing at the edge of the Moonpool.
"Hey!" Mapleshade's voice screeched. "Get away from there!"
Foxleap didn't hesitate. He flung himself into the water. The icy liquid soaked his pelt, tugging him down. He let himself go limp as the darkness dragged him into its depths...

Hollyleaf's POV
*ikr, POV skipping like a boss! ;[)*

"Yes!" Hollyleaf hissed triumphantly. She wobbled a little on her legs, but was finally standing. Although her blood encrusted wounds were still stinging, her pounding headache was gone and memories were returning. Hollyleaf remembered the she-cat who had pushed her. She remembered her weak body tumbling down... down... down the rocky hill. Hollyleaf had been trying to get somewhere, but she couldn't recall where. That's right... then she remembered her dream. Spottedleaf. Yes! Of course! Go where the moon meets water. Where the moon meets water... the Moonpool. That's where she was going. But how had she ended up on the rocky hill? A she-cat had pushed her. But who? Hollyleaf couldn't remember whether she had recognised her attackers face or not. She didn't know if it was a tribute- but then again, of course it was. But why hadn't she killed Hollyleaf? Maybe she had thought Hollyleaf would die from the fall. But what she did know was that she needed to get to the Moonpool, and she had to get there fast.
Something deep down didn't feel right. Something inside Hollyleaf told her a horrible thing had happened...