Chapter 2: Are You Scared Of Me?

The next morning, I woke up in my bedroom at 7 AM. My pillow was still wet because of the tears. I stood up, got changed and walked downstairs. My mom was still cleaning the mess I did the day before. She took a glance at me. "Good morning, Rachel" She smiled at me and I smiled back. "She's lying" The same deep voice told me. "What" I whispered as I looked at my reflection in a broken mirror. It was still my strange reflection in the mirror.

"She doesn't want us here... she's scared" My amethyst eyes widened. I looked at Melissa and then at the mirror again. "Just ask her" I looked at my mother.

"Mom?" She looked at me and smiled. "Yes, darling?" The black haired woman asked me. "Are you..." I took a deep breath. "Are you scared of me?" She didn't answered so I repeated it and she gulped and shook her head as her body was shaking in fear. I felt sadness but mostly rage because she was lying to me. I looked like the reflection in the mirror. "ARE YOU SCARED OF ME?" I yelled with a deep and scary voice, making her jump in fear. She slowly nodded and I shook my head as I regained control. I had tears in my eyes. I took my bag, put a piece of mirror in it and ran away. My mom called my name for me to come back but I ignored her.

--12 hours later--

It was 19 PM and I was alone under the rain. I wasn't in Seattle anymore, I was in Portland. I was walking around the streets, searching for a place to sleep. I saw a library and looked inside. I saw my reflection in the window so I whispered to her. "Who are you?" She laughed at me.

"I'm the worst part of you... I'm your-" She was interrupted by a teenager who had sent a brick in the window. The guy ran away and I took the brick in my hands. An employee ran to me and slapped me. I let go of the brick and rubbed my cheek. "What's your problem?" I asked the man.

"My problem... YOU JUST SEND A BRICK IN THE WINDOW" He yelled at me. I gasped and quickly shook my head as I saw a police car arrive. "Your making a mistake sir, I didn't do anything it was that guy with black hair a-"The police interrupted me.

"Get in the car" The blond woman told me. I did as she said and entered. I looked outside the window. "Why did you do that?"

"I didn't do anything, I swear" The policewoman sighed and looked at me through the mirror and shook her head.

--At The Police Station--

The woman guided me to an interrogatory room. The blond woman left and closed the door. I was sitting a chair. I looked at myself in the mirror, it was still 'the worst part of me' as she said. "We have nothing to do here and you know it perfectly, Rachel" I didn't respond since I knew there was someone looking at me from behind that mirror. I just looked away, trying to ignore her. "Are you really that weak or are you just a naive lil girl who thinks that she can pass through all of this without losing control" I started shaking and looked at the mirror again. "Let me get you out of this place... unless, of course, you want to stay in prison" My reflection said with a devilish smirk on her pale face.

Fortunately for me, a cop entered and sat in front of me. It was an African American man. "We throw bricks on windows as it seems"Said the man with a mocking tone. I laughed a little, he was really kind. He smiled at me and presented himself. "I'm the officer Mutchler but you can call me Scott... what's your name lady, I mean you certainly have a name don't ya?" I smiled at the officer.

"Ya hum... my name's Rachel Roth" He wrote it in a little notebook. He continued to ask me questions like this and when he finished, he started leaving. "WAIT" He turned around and I heard the deep voice tell me something again. "Don't you dare, Roth" I didn't listen to her, I needed answers. "Scott... I-I think-no, there is something wrong with me right now" He frowned and sat back down.

"What is it?" Scott was very attentive. "STOP" My reflection started to hit the mirror with her fists but I ignored her.

"I see weird things and there is this weird voice in my head... am I crazy?" He shook his head. "You're not crazy, Rachel... you could be sick but not crazy" I nodded to thank him. "But" He started. My eyes widened, I felt the other me behind me again, she whispered into my right ear. "I warned you" I started breathing heavily. "I'll find you professional help" I nodded and Scott left the room. "Help? are you kidding me... we don't need any help, we can take care of our self, Rachel" The other me said, laughing at this idea.

"We do" I whispered only for her to laugh even more. "We are not like the others, we do not get sick and certainly not crazy... or at least not in this way" She wasn't behind me anymore, she was back in the mirror. I thought I was going crazy.

The door opened again and Scott entered with a woman. "She is a psychiatrist, she'll talk to you to see what we can do to help you" He left and the woman sat on the chair in front of me.

"Hi, your Rachel Roth right?" I nodded. "I am Dr. Smith but you may call me Evelyn" She handed me her hand and I gladly shook it but I started to see things.

I saw her making out with a guy named Henry Adames during a consultation. I also saw her alone in a park when she was 7 years old and her slapping Scott. I gasped and looked at Evelyn with wide eyes. "Rachel are you okay?" I came back to my senses and nodded at her again.

We talked for 1 hour before she tells me to come with her. We were outside, next to her car. "C'mon" I was scared, I didn't know her a lot but I had no other places to go to so I entered the car. She drove me to a psychiatric hospital. "Oh an insane asylum, It'll be so great there, right Rachel?" The voice said, sarcastically.

We entered and she guided me to my bedroom. I entered and saw white, only white. She took my bag and left with it. Evelyn locked the door. I screamed for help but no one cared. I was stuck here with like only friend, the voice in my head. "I warned you, s***" I cried.