Chapter 5: Seems Like You'll Have To Steal

I was in The Mutchlers Manor with Dr. Stacy and Scott. I was sitting on the couch. The officer Mutchler was pacing up and down. I had my face in my palms. I was still trying to recap what had happened. Was she really dead? Did I really killed those guys? I didn't know anymore. The blond haired psychiatrist sat next to me and patted my back to calm me down. I then heard the voice again, the one belonging to my reflection, the one who tried to strangle me back in the asylum. "Get outta here b****... they're just going to take you to a new asylum every time this happens... It's just a waste of time, Rachel"

"I need some space" I stood up and walked into one of the many bathrooms. I needed to talk to her. I stared at my reflection in the mirror in front of me. It was an immense bathroom, the mirror was surrounded by gold. 'I wonder if its real gold'

"Doesn't matter" The voice started. "You want to talk about what happened, then we'll talk about it" A devilish smirk on her face, she glared at me with her creepy black eyes. "We killed them, Melissa got killed and we blowed up everything. That's what happened" I slowly shook my head. "If we stay here, we'll go to so many asylums that we'll only finish by destroying all the damn times... After that they're going to make tests on us... Do you want us to be laboratory rats?"

I shook my head at her. "You're just paranoid" She smiled at me, that devilish smile. It only meant trouble. "I'm only being realistic... you're not human... I am not human... it was all real wh***" I rolled my purple eyes. "WITCH" I jumped in fear. Her voices were just so scary. The lights flickered and the mirror cracked. She laughed at me, at my fear. "run away from there... run...run...run...run...run..." She kept on repeating it again and again. "It wouldn't be the first time Rachel" My reflection started to hit the mirror. I began to see and hear horrifying things, making me scream in terror. I suddenly felt the darkness in me take over, but I overcame it. I took a small piece of the mirror and made a cut on my finger. I drew a cross on the mirror with my blood and my other half screamed in pain as she disappeared. I found a small bandage and placed it on the cut.

I left the room and started to walk to the living room when I heard the officer and the psychiatrist talking. "What are we going to do? I mean, her mom is dead. Do we take her to a new asylum, do we find her a new family first?"

Scott sighed. "I don't know" He sat on the couch next to Stacy. "She's just 15, she shouldn't have to live this"

The blond woman rolled her eyes at him. "This still doesn't answer my question-"

He quickly stood up and interrupted her. "Stacy what the f***? I thought that you cared about her"

She stood up too and pointed at herself with her finger. "I DO! But I have to do my job... and my job is to get her to Arkham. They'll handle her just fine" I gulped at what I heard. The young lady bent and took her handbag.

"What? Rachel has nothing to do there-" Stacy gave him a death glare and started talking. "Well, isn't it what she is... crazy? Arkham or any other asylum, what's the difference?" The officer Mutchler yelled at her. "It's filled with CRIMINALS like the Joker or Harley Quinn. I know that she needs help, but its certainly not there that she'll find it" The psychiatrist seemed annoyed by Scott's reaction and started to leave.

"Alright then, but don't say I didn't warned you"

He frowned his eyebrows. "Warned me about what?" The main doors closed, she had already left. I was going to leave right now too, but I entered into the living room.

"Am I going to Arkham?" The man walked up to me. He placed his hands on my shoulders and looked at me straight into my purple eyes. "No, I won't take you there don't worry..." He frowned his eyebrows. "Are you wearing contacts?" I shook my head, he shrugged and grinned. "You must be lucky to be born with purple eyes" I chuckled.