Emily

One day, while Sarah and Mark were out for a walk, they ran into Mark's ex-girlfriend, Emily. Sarah could feel her heart racing as they approached her, but Mark remained calm and collected.

"Hi Emily," Mark said warmly. "It's been a while since we've seen each other."

Emily looked surprised to see Mark with someone new, but she quickly recovered and smiled politely. "Hi Mark. Who's your friend?" she asked, nodding towards Sarah.

Mark hesitated for a moment, unsure of how to introduce Sarah. But before he could say anything, Sarah spoke up.

"I'm Sarah," she said, extending her hand. "Mark's girlfriend."

Emily's smile faltered slightly, and Sarah could feel her heart sinking. Emily's reaction confirmed her worst fears - that she was not good enough for Mark, and that his past relationships were more important than their own.

But then she remembered the strength and resilience she had gained through her experiences, and she refused to let Emily's reaction bring her down.

"It's nice to meet you, Emily," Sarah said, forcing a smile. "Mark has told me so much about you."

Over the course of their conversation, Sarah tried to remain friendly and polite, but she couldn't help feeling hurt and rejected. As they said goodbye and continued on their walk, she couldn't shake the feeling that she would never be able to measure up to Mark's past relationships.

Mark noticed that Sarah seemed upset, and he put his arm around her shoulders. "Hey, are you okay?" he asked, concerned.

Sarah took a deep breath and forced a smile. "I'm fine," she said, trying to sound convincing. "I just need some time to process everything."

Mark nodded understandingly and pulled her closer. "I'm sorry that was awkward," he said. "I should have been more clear about our relationship."

Sarah shook her head. "It's not your fault," she said. "I just need some time to get used to the idea that you have a past."

Mark squeezed her hand. "I understand," he said. "But please know that you are the most important person in my life right now. I love you, Sarah."

Sarah looked up at him, tears in her eyes. "I love you too, Mark," she said, feeling a sense of comfort and security in his embrace.

After the encounter with Mark's ex-girlfriend, Sarah found herself constantly doubting her worth in the relationship. She couldn't help but compare herself to Emily and wonder if Mark still had feelings for her.

Despite Mark's reassurances, Sarah couldn't shake the feeling that she was not good enough for him. She started to question her own self-worth and wondered if she would ever be able to measure up to Mark's past relationships.

One day, Sarah decided to talk to Mark about her feelings. "Mark, I know you've told me that I'm the most important person in your life, but I can't help feeling like I'm not good enough for you," she said, tears streaming down her face.

Mark took her hand and looked into her eyes. "Sarah, you are more than enough for me," he said. "I love you for who you are, not for who you're not. Emily is in the past, and you are my present and my future."

Sarah felt a wave of relief wash over her. She realized that her doubts and insecurities were a result of her own past experiences, and that she needed to work on healing and loving herself before she could fully accept Mark's love.

Over time, Sarah learned to let go of her insecurities and trust in the love that Mark had for her. She realized that her past did not define her, and that she was worthy of love and respect.

As Sarah and Mark's relationship grew stronger, they continued to support each other through life's ups and downs. They knew that their love was built on a foundation of trust, respect, and mutual understanding, and they were committed to building a future together based on these principles.