Epilogue

It had been five years since Aphmau had died defeating Shad, but some were still greatly affected by it. Alina, who was now almost ten, could barely remember her mother, nor could Lilith. 

Alina devoted her life since her mother's death to becoming a great leader and divine warrior. Lilith sharpened her skills and quickly became one of Phoenix Drop's fiercest warriors. And like she had promised all those years ago, Lizzie had stayed.

Jasper and Willow were now the ones who went on non-critical missions, rather than all three of them. When something important came up, Alina and Lilith always tagged along. They couldn't remember a different life. It wasn't perfect, but they were happy. At some point they all had to move on. 

Dwelling on the past could be dangerous, especially in a world like this.

Sorry if you're disappointed at how short this is, but I really need to get something finished, and this seemed like the obvious choice. Thank you so much for reading and voting! It really does mean a lot to me. Maybe in the future I will make a sequel to this or something, covering Shad's defeat, but at the moment I want to focus more on some of my other writing, and on high school.