7. Trip

7. Trip

"Something's wrong with most of the organs in her pelvic cavity," hushed whispers were going on in the observation room, "doing a full-body check yesterday was right, because other than that, we're getting kidney issues and possibly digestive issues, too."

"But... why?" the nurse faltered.

"With this girl," there was exhaustion in the first voice, a clutter of papers, a sigh and a groan of a headache-- "I think we'll never know."

There was that stale, baleful silence that reeked of a cadaverous portent-- with deadened hope, the three in the room kept their lips tight and their eyes on the white ground.

"It is a pipe dream, to just wish good for her?" the man choked out, unable to face the others.

No one could say anything to him, not even the nurse that clutched her board a little harder, and bit her bottom lip to try and hold back that pathetic whimper that still escaped her lips.

In her wheelchair, right by the door, Kawaru backed up from there, and began to roll back toward her room. The hot chocolate in her hand had gone cold, but that wasn't on her mind.

The 'yes' really didn't need to be said.

"Are classes stressful or something?" I spoke up to the boy that let out his third sigh of the hour.

Mineta was grumbling under his breath, legs swinging over the chair as he, again, let out a sigh. It seemed he only got more depressed each day. Was it exam season or something?

It reminded me of test struggles I used to face. I'm glad I don't need to burn the midnight oil all the time anymore...

"Jump into my boobies?" I offered, arms outstretched.

"Really?!" he beamed instantly, eyes actually sparkling with eagerness, "wait, NO!" he slapped himself, looking at his hands and judging his own mentality.

I burst into laughter, "I just got rejected!" 

"I'm glad you'd let me do that, but I'm not a kid anymore!" Mineta whined, "don't treat me like a child. I'm a man now!"

"I'm not treating you like a child, I just think you need a hug, and my boobs are in the way anyways," I pouted, "it's not like Minoru's gonna do anything to me, after all!"

Mineta just blushed so hard because, "yes I would, I'm male! I have-- thoughts!" he choked out of himself, "you're a girl, can you be more--"

"Oh, is Minoru gonna give me the 'all men are wolves' talk?" I teased, which shut him up. Subtly ignoring the part where he implied he had dirty thoughts of his childhood friend--