❀ Chapter 4 ❀

Luna was woken up by the deafening sound of the ambulances coming back just after taking a person from his house. The urge of going out to see what was happening was so strong, it was eating her not knowing what was going on outside the hospital.

It was a major accident that took place on the bridge. It has been snowing since two weeks already and the road was kind of slippery for the vehicles.

"Hey, can you tell me what's going on?" she grabbed the arm of one of the nurses and inquired curiously.

"They are people from a road accident of a bus. Things like this occur at this time of the year and it's sad with the end of year festivals that are coming but the authority always do their best so as to avoid the worse."

"But there is something whicu is not right. I don't think that the bus would contain only this amount of people. "Where are the others?" she asked intrigued.

"Oh well, we're a great hospital but our fees are high, too. Not everyone can afford to be treated here. Our hospital only takes the one who can pay it. But don't worry the other hospitals and clinics take everyone else injured and treat them. And the fees are lower for these people. By the way I think you should get back to your room...what's your name?"

"Oh yeah it's pretty late. And my name is Luna. I'm admitted in the 3rd block, for special cases where the patients should stay here." She replied getting back to her room.

After hearing what the nurse just said, something did not feel right to Luna. She was bothered because as sad as it might seem, her parents could not afford to pay such high fees in a hospital like this one. Hell, not even with both of their salaries combined.

The cost of her treatment was similar to that boy, Noah but his parents were some sort of millionaires and it was affordable for him. She had to confront her parents about it somehow. She was feeling sketchy about where they could have got such a huge sum of money.

She had to ask it her parents when they come to visit her next morning but for now the only thing bothering her, was her sleep. Slowly her lids felt heavy and she quickly fell asleep without noticing that Noah slowly watching her as she made the one hundred steps while she was thinking before going to bed.

**The next morning**

"Good morning! Your breakfast is served Noah!" said Lucas, one of the trainee nurses. He made a friendly handshake with him and then went to serve Luna.

"Hey Lucas, can you leave this door open? The one in glass," asked Noah.

"Yes of course. I hope that it doesn't bother this sweet girl" he made a genuine smile and turned to Luna.

"It doesn't" she replied smiling back at him.

Lucas made his way to leave as Luna's parents entered.

"Oh! Good morning Mr and Mrs Smirnova! "

"Good morning Luna!" said Gina as she greeted her daughter.

"Hi, you guys came early today......it's really nice though. I actually wanted to ask both of you something." she said as she started eating.

"Go on" her dad added.

"There's something going on right?" she asked.

"How can you two meet the expense of this hospital?! Check-ups are affordable. As shitty as it sounds, this is beyond you," she looked at her parents who were a bit startled. Well, Luna was damn an honest girl who doesn't beat around the bush. Before her father could speak, she muttered, "I saw it in the small booklets given to all patients by Doctor murphy.

"There is something you're not telling me? Please, are you two in trouble? I need the truth. I don't want my parents to have debts," her parents looked at each other feeling both guilty.

Her parents looked at each other with a guilty face but her mother started "You're right. There's something we didn't tell you. Dan is not your biological father. Before you were born your dad and I were about to divorce. We distanced ourselves from each other. A lot of things occurred and was with someone else but after knowing that I was pregnant he left saying ' I'm sorry but I don't think it will work but I will always be here for my future child. And a few months later Dan and I make up and cancelled our divorce. He accepted you as his own daughter. But I couldn't keep your sickness from your biological father so I told him everything and he insisted on giving you the best treatment so we could not refuse. He is the one paying for it."

"Get out! Get the heck out of this room," her mother's eyes were filled with tears. Her father looked hurt. She never raised her voice before. She was a mess right now. She did not know what to feel, more like, she could not control what she was feeling.

The man she looked up since she was kid, the man she promised to marry when she was kid was not her father. The man who taught her how to ride a bicycle is not related to her. She did not know what to do. She wanted to be alone.

"Please, just leave. I don't want to see any of you. Leave me alone for a while" she begged. She did not want to cry.

"Luna please, we can explain everything to you. Please...." Dan mumbled but her expression was unreadable. She refused to look at them. Eventually, they both got out leaving Luna alone.

The first time, she had heard about her sickness, she cried for days and nights without letting them know. But crying over that would not make her better again. She thought that crying would only hurt Dan and Gina. So, she stopped crying. Even now she refused to do it.

She was in her deep thoughts when she heard some knock on the glass which brought her to reality. It was Noah. Who else would it have been?

"I know I'm just a stranger that you barely know but do you want to talk about it?" Noah whispered.

Luna only lifted her eyes to look at him without answering. He was about to leave when she suddenly spoke,

"The man you saw here is not my real father. Hell, I don't even know who my real father is. I don't even know how I am supposed to be feeling. I want to hate them but I can't. I am so lost and confused."

"I- "Noah was about to reply but he was interrupted.

"Why did my real father not come to see me during all these years? Did he never wanted to see his real daughter? I don't even want his money or even his pity." She was not even aware she was in tears.

"What! I am crying "she laughed humorously. She did not even realize that Noah took a seat beside her. He said taking her cold hands into his "it's okay to feel angry and sad. It's not wrong to have feelings, they make you stronger. You can't choose to loathe your parents especially even if he is not your biological father. I've seen it in their eyes; they genuinely care for you. Why don't you try listening to other side of the story of your biological father? Everyone deserves a choice." He said comforting her.

Little did he knew that his words meant so much to Luna.

"Thank you" she smiled at him.

"And I also wanted to inform you that everything is fine for your graduation. My brother accepted to do it personally for you. "he replied smiling back.

"OMG thank you so much. I will get to know your brother..." she replied but her mind was not at ease, something was still bothering her.

"I think I have to leave before someone sees me in your side of the room. And one last thing, I won't be here tomorrow. I will be taken for a series or examination and my last NMRI but my brother will be here so maybe you can try talking to him and get to know him. I'm sure he will be pleased to do it," Noah replied trying to remember the way Hayden talked about Luna and how he wanted to know her.

TO BE CONTINUED....