This Was A Mistake

ENJOY!

Jared walked to Evan's house whistling. He didn't really ask Evan if he could come over, but he didn't really care. He had missed Evan more than he could explain. He didn't want Evan knowing that of course so he brought his homework for him to do just in case Evan asked why he was there. He smiled to himself. He loved being around him. He was so sweet, so kind and gentle. He had a pure gold. Evan did mess up, big time, when he lied to everyone about Connor's death. Hell, he ruined his chance with Zoe. She broke up with him right after he told them and Jared remembered finding Evan alone, crying in the band room. Jared didn't approach him though. He never really knew how to deal with human emotions at all so he just let Evan cry like the soulless demon he is. Even though he hated to admit it, he was happy Zoe broke up with Evan. Now, now he had the chance to be with him. He wasn't really sure if Evan was gay or not. He knew he definitely likes girls, that much was obvious. Jared enjoyed the thought of Evan and him being together when he finally reached his house.

He rang the doorbell once, waiting for an answer. When he didn't get one after five seconds, he rang it again. And once more after another five seconds. He rolled his eyes and pulled out his key and unlocked the door. He walked in and smiled, smelling the fresh scent of lavender in the living room.

"Honey, I'm home from the war!" He yelled obnoxiously. He frowned when nobody replied. Whatever, he thought. He went to the kitchen and grabbed some Mountain Dew he found. He chugged it all in a eerie short amount of time and threw the bottle away.

"Evan?" He called. He huffed and ran upstairs to Evan's room. If he wasn't downstairs he was probably in his room jacking off. Jared snorted at the thought and went to his room. He was going to knock on the door when he heard soft sobs come from the other side.

"Evan?" He opened the door slowly to find Evan on his bed having a panic attack. "Shit."

He ran to Evan and sat on his bed. "Evan, um." He didn't really know how to deal with this kind of stuff. "Just take deep breaths. Everything is going to be alright." He went to rub his back but he was worried him touching him might trigger him so he held back. He just wanted to wrap him in his arms and whisper that it was going to be fine.

"What's up acorn?"

Evan looked up at Jared. His face was red and he looked like a hot mess.

"I can't do anything right. It seems like everywhere I go I ruined people's lives." Jared opened his mouth to interject but Evan violently shook his head. "Don't tell me I don't because I do. I hurt everybody I loved. Mom, Zoe," He looked at Jared and frowned. "You. Everything I do is wrong. I'm just a mistake. I don't deserve to live." Evan started crying hard and Jared shushed him.

"Evan it's going to be okay. Wanna hear a secret?"

Evan nodded his head and wiped away his tears.

"I'm here for you. Forever and always. And I love you with all my heart. Seeing you like this kills me. You deserved the world and more. So what if you fucked up? You are an amazing person and that one mistake does not define you."

Evan nodded his head and wiped away more tears. He chuckled and gave a small smile. "Jared Kleinman, being nice? The world is going to end isn't it?"

Jared rolled his eyes in response. "Yes, probably."

Evan sucked in a breath. "What did you mean when you said you loved me?"

Jared locked down and turned crimson. He played with the hem of his shirt and looked everywhere but at Evan. "Take a guess dumbass." He looked at Evan and suddenly the two boys were leaning in."

The kiss was brief. Quick as lightning striking. Evan rapidly pulled away and stood up. "I'm sorry Jared, I can't." Evan began to walk away but Jared stood in front of him.

"Evan I'm so sorry. Is there anything I can do to fix this?"

"I'm sorry Jared. I just can't right now. You should leave. Thanks for helping me."

THAT'S THE END MY FRIENDS! I'm so excited for this oneshot book! I feel like Kleinsen doesn't get as much appreciation as it should!