The Breakup

I'M GOING TO WORK REALLY HARD ON THIS ONE!

"I don't think this working out," Evan said carefully.

He shifted his weight to his other foot and nibbled on his lip nervously.

Connor glared at Evan. "What did you just say, Hansen?"

Connor took a step forward and Evan took one back, almost tripping. He looked to the floor and cleared his throat trying to summon up the courage to speak his mind. He felt his whole body quiver with fear and tried to calm himself down.

"Connor, I - I'm just not sure this is working out. I mean we're different from each other-"

"Which makes us perfect for each other." Connor growled.

Evan let his eyes wander around the large room, looking everywhere but Connor's face. The door was straight ahead of him. He wanted to run but it was locked. He continued to stare at the door for a while before looking out the window to the blue sky.

"I just..... I want to break up."

Connor stared at him eyes wide like somebody who had just saw the grandfather naked. He stepped closer and Evan felt that burning sensation in his eyes feeling on the verge of tears. He stood still like a possum who was trying to conceal themself from the predator lurking near. The room became smaller for Evan, crushing him alive like a hydraulic presser.

"There is no fucking way I'm letting you go. We're perfect for each other. We're meant to be. I'm meant to be yours and your meant to be mine, Evan." He said, a fiery passion in his eyes. He was a monster and nothing else. Nobody could tell Evan that he didn't have it right.

Just before Evan could open his mouth, he heard the front door downstairs open.

"What's up fuckers?" Jared yelled from downstairs. "My mom and your mom are going out so I decided to crash. Where the hell are you?"

"Stay right here." Connor walked out the room leaving Evan alone. Evan sat down on the bed and felt his body quiver. What if he could never escape Connor? What if he never let him break up with him? So many what ifs ran through his head. He bit his lip, holding back tears. His breathing became more and more ragged and he felt that familiar feeling of his chest tightening and he felt dizzy, seeing little black spots everywhere as if he was going to pass out. Shit.

Connor ran down the stairs to find Jared on the couch eating an apple. When Jared saw Connor, he stood up and and grinned like the Cheshire Cat.

"Sup Emo. Where's Evan?"

"We're kinda busy." Connor smirked but Jared just rolled his eyes.

"Cool. Where's Evan?" Connor crossed his arms and glared at Jared. Jared smiled and took another bite of his apple. He loved pissing him off.

"I already told you that's we're busy." Connor went red and Jared's smiled wider.

"I'm guessing he's in his room." Jared said. He walked up to Connor and patted his back. "And nice try trying to make me jealous." Jared winked and Connor glared at him.

"I'll tell Evan you like him."

Jared froze. "Go right ahead." He said after a while. He turned around and glared at Connor. "Not like he'd believe you."

"I swear Kleinsen, I will tell him."

Jared ignored Connor and simply walked up the stairs. Connor kept on screaming at Jared but he kept on walking. When he reached Evan's door he heard heavy sobbing behind it and his eyes went wide. "Hansen?" He opened the door to find Evan on his bed having a panic attack. Jared didn't hesitate to run up to Evan and sat down on the bed next to him.

"What's wrong? Is it Connor? Did he do something again?" Jared asked, going red.

"Maybe you should mind your own damn business." Jared looked up to find Connor at the door way.

"Evan, baby, are you okay." Connor asked softly as he approached Evan. Evan flinched and Jared looked at Connor again. He had been trying to tell Evan that Connor was no good for him. Even though he dyned it, he knew Connor was abusive to him verbally but he wasn't quite sure if he was physically. Evan never mentioned such things to Jared and only told him of the repulsive words the would drip from his mouth when he talked to Evan.

"Maybe you should leave Connor." Evan croaked in between sobs.

"Evan, I'm sorry if I ever hurt you-"

"Leave!" Jared shouted at Connor.

"Shut your fucking mouth Kleinman this has nothing to do with you-"

"You heard him." Evan said softly. "Leave and don't ever come back." Jared smiled softly at Evan and grabbed his hand. Evan squeezed it tight, still not looking up. It was comforting for Evan to have Jared there. Connor noticed this and took a step forward.

"But-"

"JUST LEAVE!" Evan yelled. Connor flinched and scowled.

"I see how it is." He stormed out of the room and slammed the door shut.

"Good job Ev." Jared said. He squeezed Evan's hand again, something he noticed calm Evan down for some reason, and Evan laid his head on Jared's shoulder.

"Thank you." He whispered. He wiped a tear from his eyes and curled into a small ball.

Jared wrapped his arm around Evan and Evan pulled himself closer to him. "For what?"

"For being there for me during the whole relationship with Connor. For finally making me realise that our relationship was unhealthy. And for being an amazing friend that I don't deserve."

"Yeah, yeah, you're welcome Acorn." Jared, feeling brave for no reason at all, planted on small kiss on Evan's head. Evan and Jared both went stiff and Evan looked up at Jared (MY PARENTS READ MY STORIES AND I'M SO UNCOMFORTABLE GAH) and leaned in and both of them kissed. (I WOULD GO MORE INTO DETAIL BUT IDK IF YOU GUYS WANT THAT SHIT SO....) Jared smiled and leaned in more and when they pulled away Jared moved a piece of hair from Evan's face.

"For car insurance." Jared said with a smile.

"For car insurance." And he leaned in again, kissing Jared softly.

THIS ISN'T AS GOOD AS I WANTED IT TO BE DAMN IT. ALSO THIS GIRL IN MY CLASS IS SINGING MICHAEL IN THE BATHROOM. I LOVE BEING AT AN ART SCHOOL. 4 OF US WERE HAVING A CONVO ABOUT DEH AND BMC AND IT WAS GREAT!

Also Boyfs is coming out this weekend. I'm writing it now. Byeeeee