Two | Janitor Duties

Chapter Two, Day Two

09:00 AM

Well rested and in good spirit, you arrived at Freddy's right on time for your very first shift. Jeremy showed you the Employee's Only Room by the toilets where employees could leave their things and change into their uniform. Uniform provided by Mr. Fazbear wasn't allowed to leave the building, so you had to change upon arrival in the room. Waiters were given black slacks, a white shirt and an apron, cooks were distributed chequer pants, a toque hat and a white button up jacket to wear over their own shirt, and last but not least, janitors were supplied with a black apron, stretchy pants and an ocean blue, short sleeve top. At the end of each week, Mr. Fazbear took home the uniform and washed it all for us.

It wasn't that bad. At least your clothes wouldn't have to get mucky. Uniform made the place a smidge smarter, too. 

You got straight to work. Within the next few hours, you had scrubbed the bathroom floors, sinks and toilets themselves, mopped the floors in the halls, cleared the unoccupied party tables, taken out the piled up bins of trash, and now you were cleaning up the kitchen, working around the chef as he cooked and plated up pizza and chips.

You were wiping down the sides when the chef piped up, introducing himself. His name was Fritz Smith. Fritz was a tall, not slim but not overweight, hard-working guy. He was, thankfully, a pretty organised person. A deep passion for cooking burned within him, making him an eager and enthusiastic worker. That was good, of course, if you ignore the fact that he was a flat out appalling cook. This is Freddy's, though; you wouldn't expect any more or any less.

02:00 PM 

On your break, you stayed in the kitchen with Fritz, chatting about his dog and your beloved pet. The two of you shared an interest in animals and nature, expressing to one another how adorable your pet is and how much of a cute fuzzball they are. The cleaning kit supplied to you, the trolley holding sprays, bleach, and so many other cleaning products, a mop and a bucket, multiple sponges and cloths, and a duster, was pushed into the corner of the kitchen, out of your way for the time being. 

Jeremy entered the kitchen behind the other waiter called Mike Schmidt that you had met earlier on. "Fritz!" Mike burst out, startling the concentrated cook. "Have you seen the new janitor? She hot as balls." He said, high-fiving Fritz, a cheeky grin plastered across his face. 
Already, you didn't particularly like Mike Schmidt. He came with a utterly garbage attitude and a fuckboy personality. You weren't about to put up with that at all. He was a couple of inches taller than Fritz who was just short of 5'11. Mike had the short back and sides cut, with a dreadful flop of hair on top of his head. You paid minor attention to him, not analysing his features like you had done with your other colleagues.

You like to read people, figuring them out before a first verbal impression through their appearance.

"Dude," Fritz nodded in your direction, gesturing to you stood right there. You were enjoying a tasty, hot beverage, leaned against the kitchen island a few metres away.

Mike's face flushed red. Inside, you laughed at this stupidity. He was awfully oblivious, clearly. Subtly, you concealed your hateful feelings towards Schmidt and held a serene expression. "Oh shit, sorry." He said, his words tumbling out quickly.

Jeremy shook his head, embarrassed for Mike. "Respect for (Name) is required, moron. Just like any other person 'round here." 

You tuned out the conversation between your peers, finishing your drink and putting the cup in the sink. Before you went to retrieve the cleaning trolley, their boring chatter surprisingly peaked your interest.

"Yeah, so, basically, that last night guard had apparently got sick or whatever and had to quit," Fritz was saying. 

You butted in, curious. "Night guard?" 

Mike had his arms tucked in, elbows resting against a kitchen counter. His eyes fixated on the floor, a tuft of chestnut brown hair stuck to his sweaty forehead. You'd no idea how he was so sweaty, after all, the pizzeria was a generally chilly place. "Exactly. Night guard. Old Mr Faz hires one to keep watch on the stupid ass animatronics for some daft reason. Lucky you got the Janitor job instead of that, eh?"

Cautiously, you looked over at Mike and furrowed your brows. "And... what's so important about a night guard? Why am I lucky?"

"Well, mysteriously, every hired night guard has either quit, called in sick and never returned or made up an excuse not to return to their job because apparently, the animatronics move around at night and try to kill the night guard." Mike replied, pulling a wicked smirk.

"Some had even been reported missing," Fritz added. "Don't forget that, Mike."

Mike nodded. "Hm, yeah, that too."

Jeremy rolled his eyes at them. "Those are just rumours. At least, that's what we've heard from the last night guard. Who knows? They could be lying to scare us."

"Sure." Schmidt laughed.

So silly, you thought, how immature Mike stupid Schmidt is.

On your way out, carting the trolley with you, Mike shouted "Boo!", throwing his arms up and attempting to scare you. Raising your gaze, you stared at him with half-lidded eyes, unfazed and disappointed.

He responded by laughing and shrugging, his ego being crushed by you from a simple expression.

Despite Mike, Jeremy and Fritz were lovely men and were in a whole, great people to work along side. Your first day at your new job ran smooth like water flowing gently down a stream.

Apart from Schmidt's poor try at scaring you which was pathetic, really. Just from the first encounter, you knew he was going to be irritating and a bore.

05.30 PM

You had returned home, exhausted after your first shift. It had been a lengthy period of time since your last job, meaning your body wasn't used to being so active and busied.

However, your mother appreciated it. She was proud of her daughter contributing to society and helping out with bills rather than being a lazy and lounging around, doing nothing useful.

Tomorrow is another day, and you were excited to see what it would bring.

[WORD COUNT: 1089]

_--_---_--_

Another chapter!
Thoughts?

// Sweet Nightmares