Six | Surreal Realities

Chapter Six, Day ???

??:?? AM/PM??

Your mouth worked hopelessly. It opened and closed and closed and opened and the words got caught somewhere in the back of your throat. The train of thoughts screeched to a stop, derailing straight off of its track, each thought spilling out and frazzling into particles of nothingness.

Blank
Em
pty Spa
c
e.

You were at a loss.

Impossible.

Golden Freddy twisted and jolted himself backwards. His joints ground and squeaked. The metal coils wailed. 'Clean me!' They would scream, begging to be oiled and fixed.

Thump

Thump

ThUmp

As your gaze burned into him, he spoke. "I-it'S rR-r-ruDe t...to stArE."

His comment echoed to the corners of your mind and rocked about like a rocking chair; perhaps, like a baby bird trying to fly. It increased it volume then dropped to a hushed whisper.

Rud e

r U dddddd

E

ǝɹɐʇs

st a rE to

itSs

He heaved a sigh despite his voice box towing to produce one. The left, faded, dirt coated golden ear twitched a few times. Wires stuck out loosely and dangerously jiggered as it jerked.

Blinking in the slowest of paces,

you missed the change back to his lanky human hybrid.

And that's when you notice his fluffed bear ears poking from his voluminous blond hair. Another blink,

and now there were three of them.

Your vision blurred and Golden Freddy's body flashed in and out of view, separating into three of himself.
They crossed over one another and flickered and your mind couldn't comprehend anything.

His shadowy figure moped over to the door, the exit, and disappeared.

e x it

eX i T

exit?

Gone.

He had gone!

You ceased the chance. Stumbling to your feet, you gripped the rickety bed pole and forced yourself to stay up. Your mind was running at 500mph and your vision wasn't working at the same pace. Closing your eyes, you raised a hand to your head and rubbed your temple. Am I drunk? You asked yourself.

Only now did you push yourself forward. Stumbling with each step, your knees felt weak and a headache riled up.

Ascending the staircase should have been an easy task. You had to drag yourself up them, your body not complying with your brain. Nothing seemed in sync anymore. Gripping the metal handrail, you hoisted yourself up the final step and released a drawn out sigh.

The door at the very top of the, what you assumed to be, basement, was already creaked open a touch. You were thankful of that. That simply meant you didn't have to open it. If it was closed in the first place, it could have been locked, which would then mean having to hunt for the key.
Your mind was already speeding ahead, not waiting for your body, and this proved to be one Hell of a mission.

Wobbling out of the doorway and out into the... pizzeria... You had been held captive underneath Freddy's. Of course you had! Where else would a derranged animatronic take you?

Tuning back into reality, you blinked and you caught up with your surroundings. In the centre of the party room was where you stood. You had managed to worm your way through the tables and chairs and were standing deadpan, looking like nothing but a lost lamb.

A series of heavy metal clanks began to echo among the room. At first you thought it was someone banging together two pans, but after dismissing that you then realised it couldn't have been that. You were in Freddy's and the one thing that could make that particular sound was...

Two hands clamped down on your shoulders. They whipped you around and there stood Bonnie, looming over you.

If you could scream you certainly would have. However you seemed to have lost your voice somewhere along the lines. You couldn't even manage a squeak.

Barely any of the shock and surprise set in before you made a break for it.

Resounding footsteps followed hot on your heel. You ran despite it feeling like you were jogging in slow motion and making no real advancement towards the beaming red exit sign above the glass double doors.
You couldn't have made it to them fast enough. Once you had, you curled your hands around the door handle and yanked it back.

It rattled and ceased to budge.

The rabbit robot caught up to you effortlessly. He lept forward, lunging at you with such force you were certain he could have snapped your bones like toothpicks.

An ear-bleeding scream shook you to your core.

Your shaky breath and pounding heart and fumbling fingers made space for errors. You could hear the beating of your heart in your head.

Buh-dum,

Buh-dum,

Buh-dum.

Another tug on the door before you turned back to take a glance over your shoulder. It was a mistake.

The rabbit robot had leapt forward, his large hands reaching out for you.

Everything slowed down.

This could be your last day. The last hour you would ever live again. The door handle may be the last thing you ever touched and the crazed animatronic could have been the last thing to lay your eyes upon.

You weren't ready.

You weren't ready to die.

And by God the earth wasn't ready to let you go either,

As the robot crashed onto the floor mid-jump, slumping forward, its gears screeching to a halt.

An alarm. Alarms buzzed in your ears and to your relief,

It was the six AM bell.

_-_--_---_--_-_

[WORD COUNT: 972]

Good day, Author here, first, I would like to formally not apologise for the slow update on this story. I write as a hobby, not for a job and therefore won't be apologetic for the spaced updates. Anyway, enjoy :)