Four | Not So Ready For Freddy

Chapter Four, Day ???

??:?? PM/AM?

Coldness.

All you felt was the icy chill of winter. It nipped at your skin and rattled your bones, causing you to curl up further, huddling into yourself, desperate for warmth. The soft hum of a fan, or a generator, or something plays away in the background, becoming the only other noise in the room minus the tedious shattering of your teeth.

Suddenly, your mind casts itself back to a freezing winter night when the street you lived on had a black out. Every light and plug failed to work, and the heating system was shut off and wouldn't come back on until the power was restores. It was the night when you and you babysitter had to cuddle up in heaps of blankets, the living room lit by every candle you could find in the house. As you were only young, it was scary indeed, but all you can vividly remember how horrible the cold felt. It reminded you of right now, and how dreadful this felt.

Opening your eyes, you saw nothing but the blind dark again. You sat up rapidly, and you went to touch your face, wanting to remove the fabric tied around your eyes. However, restrained by two very tight things (that felt as if they were either rope or a type of cloth) around your wrists stopped you in your course.

You were dramatically confused, to say the least.

"What the fuuuccckkk..?" You whispered, pulling at the restraints
Each small tug made your wrists ache and skin rub against the material. They were tied tight, and were definitely strong enough to be unable to break without being untied or cut.

Ouch, you thought. I'm not sure if this is a dream or some peculiar prank. The heck is going on?

Two ice-cold fingers slid up the sides of the fabric of your blindfold. It was pulled out, revealing a slender man in dim light. You widened your eyes, thrashing in your restraints, kicking at him.

He moved sharply, kneeling one leg on yours to keep them still and slapping a hand against your mouth. "Shut the fuck up," he mumbled.

Panting from your anxiety and fear instincts kicking in, you jerked again. You pushed your knee straight into his groin, forcing him to fall back. The man cursed, squeezing his eyes shut for a second before collecting himself.

"You don't recall who I am?" He asked, his tone hushed. Sitting back, he leaned against the wall, directly opposite you. He eyed you.

You had no words, just panicked squeaks and a fear ridden, shaking body.

Strangely, the man crawled forward. You stared back at him, unsure of his intentions and alarmed by his lack of iris. His eyes were midnight black with a single ivory dot for a pupil, contrasting with his golden blond hair. For someone who had you bound and blindfolded, he was dressed considerably.
Of course, only you would notice something as minor as how someone dressed; it was your way of guessing the character of a person, i.e. how they acted.

A crash of sorts startled the man, his head snapping towards the source. He drew himself back. His gaze lingered on you for a mere moment as he pushed himself to a stance, and then he was gone, blending into the shadows of the room.

During the minutes of isolation, you twisted and writhed to get yourself free. Frustrated, you released a pained moan. Your hands were tied tight and the rope rubbed against your delicate skin, causing clear agony. Inhaling and exhaling at an even rate, you aimed to control your anxieties before you tried to free yourself again.

Somewhere in the back of your mind screamed that you would never be able to escape and you would die down here, but that was simple paranoia and you weren't about to fall for that. You were a fighter. Whether you run out of wherever you were injured or not, you were determined to escape.

Clank,

Clank,

Clank.

Sounds of metal footsteps alarmed you. The first thought that came was that the noises were linked to an oncoming animatronic. Just as that crossed your mind, you thought back to what your colleagues were discussing earlier to try and scare you. Well, maybe that was true. Maybe the animatronics were out to get the employees - or the night guard. You weren't the night guard, but you did enter after-hours so the animatronics could only assume you were.

You stopped yourself. Assume? Assumptions require thinking, and thinking requires a brain.

The clanking became louder. It echoed in the empty room. Squeezing your eyes shut was your only response to whatever was coming your way. You wasn't prepared to face any kind of active robot, or anything that could harm you, for that matter.

Then, it stopped. The noises, including a ventilation system you didn't know was there, froze. It was as if someone had ceased time, or slowed it down. Making a brave move, you opened your eyes.

The room was deadly quiet, and your heart rate increased once again. Flickering, the dim lamp in the very corner of the room made it harder for you to distinguish was what in the darkness.

A figure shifted. You jerked your head towards the movements, your gaze landing on two very clear, white dots in the shadows. Your breath hitched, and you held it, as if time had stopped you too.

Taking one long stride of a step forward, the failing light revealed what was hiding away in the darkness.

"Y-You d...don-n't rEm..meMbeR m-m-mE?" Came its glitched voice after it cracked its rusted jaw open.

No, in fact, you could remember the old attraction you adored dearly as a young girl.

You remembered Golden Freddy.

_--_---_--_

[WORD COUNT: 988 ]

Well, well, well. I'm back my Dreamers, and so is your favourite nightmare of an animatronic.

// sweet nightmares