Three (Part 1)| What A Way To Boogie

Chapter Three, Day Three

10:14 PM

        "Cheers to (Name)!"

Your group made up of old and new friends erupted into a hurrah of pure joy and happiness. They clinked their glasses of wine, fizzy pop or alcoholic beverage together, then took a little sip. A smile made its way across your face, and you were so grateful that you have caring and supporting companions. 

Along with a select few of your old college and high school buddies, you brought Jeremy and Fritz along with you. 

Fritz, dressed sleek in clean denim jeans and a patterned button up with his red hair gelled back, was conversing upon the others; he was fitting in like a book on a bookshelf - in other words, getting on with everyone smoothly. Perfect, just how you wanted it.

On the other hand, despite asking Jeremy to come in something decent-looking, he rocked up in his dirty Vauxhall Corsa 1.2, wearing a stained white-ish top, ugly jogging bottoms and worn out sneakers. His hair was untamed, and it made you sigh internally. Before you had gone inside with the two of them by your side, you attempted to rid of the orange splash of whatever on his top. To no avail, it did absolutely nothing.

Even though you were a tiny weeny bit pissed off at Jeremy for not cleaning up nice, you gave him credit for at least turning up. You were only nervous and wanted to come off as perfectly perfect like your friends always seem to. It all was down to the reason that you hadn't seen your school friends in such a lengthy period of time and impressions were important to you.

Upon notice of the awful bags under his eyes and lack of a beaming smile, you felt you had to make sure everything was all right for him. You felt as though you are caring and that you should look out for your friends no matter what, so checking up on Jeremy was an instant must in your mind.

"Jeremy, you okay, hun?" You had asked, holding onto his arm loosely and forming your lips into a straight line. "Are you getting enough sleep at night?" 

He had replied with a shrug, his shoulders slumped. Noticing your hold, he decided to pay no mind to it and forced himself into a less dreary mindset to please you.
You slipped your hand down into his and gave it a reassuring squeeze before letting go and entering the pub.

Johnathan, your best friend of many years, had invited you out to a pub called 'The Dancing Swan', and insisted you come for a catch up.

At the current moment, you were enjoying a cold glass of (drink of your choice). Admittedly, you felt out of place, like you no longer belonged in this friend group. Sat beside people doing ridiculously well in life made you feel excluded and isolated mentally. However, you brushed it off and swiped on a smile.

"Congrats on the job, (Name)," Jo-ann said, nudging your side. "Didn't think you'd be into working at Freddy's."

A short noted laugh followed after when Adam leant forward to join in on the conversation. "Yeah, 'specially after you studied (Favourite subject) for 3 years."

Before you could respond, Layton sat beside you, sitting with one leg over the other. "All right, (Name), babe, I think it's time for a dance," he grinned. As he grabbed my hand and pulled me up, (Favourite song) came on in the pub.

"Oh fvck, this is my jam!" He laughed.

01:54 AM

Something you weren't expecting was turning up at work, wasted, vision blurry, and high heels in hand.

"Ain't this a bad idea?" Fritz said, absolutely smashed himself. Despite a hazed memory, you recall doing one too many shots and ordering a few too many rounds with Fritz.

You gave him a puzzled look. "Fuckin', what could go wrong?" You laughed, hobbling over to the back door of Freddy's with Jonaton, Layton and Kiz following behind.

_--_---_--_

[WORD COUNT: 678]

Yeah pretty shite but I gotta upload something, eh?

// sweet nightmares